Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

2nd Birthday- Party? Lock Rss

i did for my daughter 1st, but the last 2 i have had family affairs, shes too young to have a party in my opinion. save the partys for when they will love running around with their friends!!
My kids have all had 1st b'day parties, and then celebrated their other birthdays with very close family.
DS had a party last year for his 6th birthday, that was the first one he had since he turned one, and he'll have a party every second year from now on. When my girls get to primary school, I'll do the same thing. It just gets too expensive and stressful for me.

I do know of many other kids that have parties for every birthday - I guess it just depends on what you want, it doesn't really matter what other people do!
My daughter will be 2 in June and we are planning to take 2 or 3 of her little friends and their mum and/or dad to the zoo for a day out. My little girl just adores animals and we think this is a nice way to celebrate.

We had her first birthday at one of the indoor play centres. Not an actual party (we only provided everyone's entry, plus birthday cake), more like a big play date.
DS will be 2 in March also, but we are just doing a quiet family bbq. We are taking him to a wildlife park the next day. We only did a family dinner for his first birthday also. Once he is old enough to have his friends and decided who to invite then we will have parties, depending on finances too, but definatly not every year and possibly not even every 2nd year!

what does everyone consider a party?

hadnt really thought about it till now! I suppose a party could be anything to celebrate and acknowledge the birthday.

My birthday parties as a kid growing up were mostly a few friends, a bit of junk food and a cake. And once we were a bit older a few games like pin the tail on the donkey! Sometimes we would be allowed to take a couple of friends to the local pool or go to the movies instead.

thats what i wa thinking on DS's birthday we had some people came over mostly family one friend and we had party food and cake and a little music and presents and i consider that a party and we wll do something like that every year its only once a year

what does everyone consider a party?

My idea of a party is inviting big groups of friends or all my family (meaning cousins, aunts, uncles etc) and having a big celebration with balloons, party food etc.

When I say "celebrate with very close family", I mean my immediate family plus my parents and siblings.
I'm not a fan of parties every year. DD had one for her first but this year we just had a play date at an indoor playcentre with her friends and a family get together with a cake at night.
DD's second birthday we went to a park with family. We had cake and other finger food. DD opened her presents there and she played on the playground.

With her 3rd birthday we invited a couple of her friends over for morning tea with birthday cake and then they had free play.

Hi my DD1 will be 2 on the 1st of March eeeek! and I cant decide what we will do for a party.

Growing up I always had a party with friends and a cake etc every year but a few of my friends have seemed surprised that I want to have something for DD1s bday saying kids dont need parties EVERY year.

So what do you think? do your children have birthday parties every year?

Also any ideas of what you have done in the past for a 2nd birthday party would be fab thanks smile

We are doing parties every year, they are only little for such a short time and get such a huge kick out of having a party. Its a once a year event so to us that should be celebrated and enjoyed in a big way smile

When you think about it, its not till they are around 4 or 5 that they really get in amongst the birthday thing (although my 3 year old was talking about hers for months due to her older sister continually going to her friends parties) but if you start the parties at say age 5 (with all their school friends) then its really only a few years that you get to enjoy the little kids party. Once they are 10 + its no longer going to be pinatas, lolly bags, treasure hunts etc so for us we are going to enjoy and celebrate every single birthday because we'll only get say 6 little kid parties before they grow up and want something different.

When they are little a party is balloons, cake, lollies, pinata and party bags... and of course special people in their lives like family and friends.

When it comes to double digits then its parties for 13, 16, 18 and 21 and the ones in between will be still a celebration on a smaller scale.

We are doing parties every year, they are only little for such a short time and get such a huge kick out of having a party. Its a once a year event so to us that should be celebrated and enjoyed in a big way smile

When you think about it, its not till they are around 4 or 5 that they really get in amongst the birthday thing (although my 3 year old was talking about hers for months due to her older sister continually going to her friends parties) but if you start the parties at say age 5 (with all their school friends) then its really only a few years that you get to enjoy the little kids party. Once they are 10 + its no longer going to be pinatas, lolly bags, treasure hunts etc so for us we are going to enjoy and celebrate every single birthday because we'll only get say 6 little kid parties before they grow up and want something different.

When they are little a party is balloons, cake, lollies, pinata and party bags... and of course special people in their lives like family and friends.

When it comes to double digits then its parties for 13, 16, 18 and 21 and the ones in between will be still a celebration on a smaller scale.

I had a big one when I turned 10.. because I was finally double digets and then it was 13,16,18,21... even though my 21st was just close family at hogsbreath and I went to hq with a friend after but yea it was really quite small... but I had massive parties when I was younger untill 5 years later when my brothets were born I still got parties but they weren't as big but they were good... one year I had a limo and went to the night train, I had a party at the movies and seen sally marshal is not a ailen, I went to the gawler show with friends and I had a fairy party one year... so I have had heaps. my son wont be getting that its to expensive and we don't have great things in mount gambier otherwise he probably would in adelaide lol my mum would make sure of it
Sign in to follow this topic