Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

How much do you spend on a baby shower gift? Lock Rss

I didn't have a baby shower, i think its a bit of a gift grab really, but for friends who have had them - i've bought toiletries for bubs (wipes, lotions etc) nappies are another idea. I only spend $15-$20 usually (depending how close we are)

A sort of close friend is having a baby shower in a month.
I'm not sure what to get her unsure

How much do you spend on a gift?
And what was the best thing you got from your baby shower?
Thanks girls smile

I was expecting a girl and the best gift i ever got was a voucher for pixi fotos. But that was from my sister. Another gift i loved was little like ugg boots i got in pink and some long sleeve shirts with funny writing on them, like 'Spent 9 months on the side' ( cant remember exactly what i got)

Now the limit, it depends on how close you are to them and how much you want to spend. If you knew them well i would probably spend about $50? but it also depends on what you buy aswell cos you can go overboard spending!!
For a close friend I'd spend about $50-$80 but a friend probably $30ish. I duno, never been to one in Australia smile
I spend around $50

I get handy/practical things that they will use down the track (eg bibs, no slip bowls, drinking cups etc) then a cute outfit cause I'm a sucker for cute baby clothes lol
I usually spend $20 or $30, and a bit more for a close friend smile

Magazine subscribtons are always nice...you can get mother and baby etc from magshop.com for about $30...or cosmo or something for about $50 I think...
I usually spend $20 or $30, and a bit more for a close friend smile

Magazine subscribtons are always nice...you can get mother and baby etc from magshop.com for about $30...or cosmo or something for about $50 I think...
I usually put together a gift basket of things that arnt cliche. Nipple cream, shields, black throwaway knickers, some loose pj's, some ready mixed formula in the little cartons you can buy etc etc. My friends have all said its a fantastic gift - I usually spend about $80. I also include my best breast feeding tips! (you would want to make sure you know if they plan to bf first though!)

I spend about $80 too.

I usually get a cute blanket, a baby record book, a size 0 set of clothes for later on and a gift for mum.
It depends on who I'm buying for. If you know other people going then you could all put in money for a big gift, ie a bassinet, bouncer etc

If I'm not particularly close to the mum, I'll get a cute outfit and toy or cot linen.

Another idea is a subscription to a parenting mag. Not sure how much they are though!

We sell pram liners at the markets and lots go for baby shower gifts.

A nice pram/bassinette blanket is good for a winter baby - I always had a few on the go between the bassinette, pram, capsule etc..

Perhaps some more expensive baby toiletries (body shop or organic ones).

Or get a gift for the mum-to-be. When DS was born I was given a massage voucher and the promise of babysitting from my friends.
Wouldnt reccommend baby record books - DS was given 4!! It's the kind of thing you only need one of.....

Another idea would be story books - Possum Magic, Guess how much I love you etc.

A sort of close friend is having a baby shower in a month.
I'm not sure what to get her unsure

How much do you spend on a gift?
And what was the best thing you got from your baby shower?
Thanks girls smile

For me I weigh up how well I know them and his much im ABLE to spend. You can get a nice soft blanky or cot sheet set for $15-20 that would make a nice gift. Or as you have a month you could collect things and do a box or basket. You could grab a few things when you do your super market shop each week. Like a baby's first cup, weening spoons, bibs, dummy, nappy sacks, etc. At the end you could grab some jumpsuits from kmart or target andthen just arrange it all in the box. Last time I did this I chucked a packet of tim tam at the end for the parents.

Good luck!

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic