Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Help with a cake idea for my daughters 1st birthday Lock Rss

Hi, My daughter will be 1 in early September and much to my husbands delight our little princess was born on his birthday. Fast forward almost a year and I am trying to figure out how to make a joint birthday cake for them and I am coming up with a blank my husband is a typical male and loves fishing, warriors outdoors etc anyone have any ideas or have you had to do this before as I have no idea how I can add what he likes with a beautiful 1 year old girl design. Thanks for any ideas or help smile
what about making the cake so it looks like 2 pieces of a jigsaw joined together, so one half has a bump going into the other half and have two colours of icing to represent them e.g blue and pink/whatever their favourite colours are then decorate your husband's 'side' with something he likes and your daughter's side with something she likes. the decoration could either be a picture on it or some figurines to sit on top etc so you could have marshmallow flowers on your daughter's side and then a tent or something on your husband's side type thing.

Leisa.
Ok so have been trying to reply but huggies thinks I am spamming.

What about a photo of the two of them together? There is one cake I have seen where you place a photo on the center of a square iced cake and decorate the top with mixed lollies to make it a frame. Pretty confident its in an Australian Women's weekly Birthday Cake book. If you go to the birthday cake link on this site and type in picture frame or photo frame you get the idea.

Otherwise I think you can make photos in to edible icing..not sure?
MamaMum wrote:
Ok so have been trying to reply but huggies thinks I am spamming.

What about a photo of the two of them together? There is one cake I have seen where you place a photo on the center of a square iced cake and decorate the top with mixed lollies to make it a frame. Pretty confident its in an Australian Women's weekly Birthday Cake book. If you go to the birthday cake link on this site and type in picture frame or photo frame you get the idea.

Otherwise I think you can make photos in to edible icing..not sure?

You're right about both smile The AWW cake is in the newer book "AWW Kid's birthday cakes" the picture they have for it is this one:

Cake supply shops are also sometimes able to transfer picture to edible icing. I did that for my Nanna's 80th birthday and did a "photo album" birthday cake for her -

Leisa.
I love both those ideas I wonder if I can get them pictures printed in a jigsaw shape to fit each other smile
Sign in to follow this topic