Huggies Forum

Cake what sort? Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

My little fellow will have his 1st b'day in 2 months and wondering what sort of cake to have? Love to hear what you had or idea?
Thanks everyone.

Mindy

DS 13months

I got the Womans Weekly cake book - its got some great stuff in there. It says its easy, but it took me a good 2 hours to make the first cake (experiment) and about the same to make the second (the real deal) as a more complicated design. I really enjoyed making it and love the little memory I created. I've decided I will make one every year - kind of a little tradition - lol.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi mindy I also got the women's day birthday cake book and it has awsome ideas for birthdays and my daughter had a chocolate cake for her first birthday with barbie on it or there a places that make birhtday cakes if you dont have the time.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

my sisterinlaw made a rainbow cake with the edible rice character that u put on . she had the carebears on it. i think that kids dont know at that age and something simple is the best way to go.

philippa mum of Charley chicken

Hi, my daughter is the biggest Wiggles fan I've ever seen so I made her a Dorothy cake and she loved it! We actually had to take it away from her when we started to cut it up because she got upset! All I did was combine 3 Cadburys choc cake mixes and bake it in a lasagna tray, then I cut the cake into an oval shape, iced it with green butter icing and piped the eyes on with black and white butter icing. My brother made a carboard cutout of Dorothy's hat and her teeth and I stuck them to the cake with icing. It turned out excellent (if I do say so myself) and was big enough to feed everyone. It only took about an hour all up too!

DD Giarna 25/05/05 DS Cameron 15/01/08

Sign in to follow this topic