Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Celebrations - Kids (Birthdays / Christenings etc)

Celebrations - Kids (Birthdays / Christenings etc)

Supermummy

Present ideas - 10 year old girl Lock

I know Im probably pushing my luck here as not many of you have children this old but anyway, won...

17 replies

Awesome ideas girls, thanks! Im going to have to sit down with a pen and paper later and take note of ideas.

knockonwood

"Frozen" party ideas please .... Lock

OK, OK, I know I could buy a heaps of stuff already made from the shops but am hoping to keep cos...

10 replies

I did a winter wonderland theme for dds birthday one year. Can't remember everything we did off the top of my head at the mo bu...

Mama-to-one

Balance Bikes - are they worth it? Lock

Hi ladies My ds turns 2 at the end of next month and we wanted to get him something decent (unli...

3 replies

Yes they are awesome. We got one for our son when he was just over 2 and he loved it. He still rides it now and he's nearly 4. ...

Stacey_Bousfield

Lolly Bag Ideas for 1st Birthday Lock

I'm wondering what would be safe to put in a lolly bag for a 1st birthday party that's ...

2 replies

I think it sounds good. Just FYI you can get containers of cheap play dough at big w for $1 each, we got these for my sons 1st birt...

GINA G

Venues in Perth Lock

Hello Can anyone recommend a venue for a child's first birthday party. Need to consider adu...

1 reply

Hi Gina, Have you tried: the new trampoline place? Indoor Jungle Gym The Beach House- Indoor fun Centre Maybe a bit young but a aq...

Phebs86

Little Boy Birthday Cake Lock

What are your thoughts on this birthday cake for a little boy??? Looks simple but I'm unsure...

1 reply

Yes! I've seen that cake before when I was putting together ideas for a construction themed party and loved it from the start. ...

Mookie Moo Moo

What to do for DD 1st Birthday Lock

Looking for ideas for venues for my daughters 1st birthday. I live in S/E burbs of Melbourne and ...

2 replies

Instead of looking in each separate section of the forum you should use the 'active' tab then you will see recent and curr...

Buggie mama

Easter cake for play group Lock

Heres a cake i made today for ds playgroup tomorrow. Had heaps of trouble with the fondant today ...

11 replies

Wow that's awesome Hun! Love it! The rabbit is soooo cute! Must've taken you a while to make! I love making the cakes ...

Supermummy

Quick Question Lock

Im thinking about making a cake along the lines of this for DS birthday: http://cakesdecor.com/c...

66 replies

Sorry girls. Will get onto it soon...

Snuffleupagus

1st birthday guest list getting out of control. Lock

I need some advice. I wanted a small party at our house for my daughters 1st birthday. The damn g...

3 replies

Definitely a park. Some parks you can book sheltered seating areas through your council. My friend has hers in one that had a huge ...

Snuffleupagus

Help me plan my daughters first birthday! Lock

Ladies! I beg you to give me ideas for my daughters first birthday party. It's teddy bears p...

1 reply

teddy bear cars like these - http://www.kidspot.com.au/best-recipes/Party-fo... you don't have to use chocolate to 'glue&...

Questions :) Lock

1. What age were your kids when you just dropped them off at a party? About 8 or 9? Depending on...

2 replies

1. What age were your kids when you just dropped them off at a party? I found with DD that parents attended etc until she turned 5....

Nlankshear

Luca's Half Birthday Lock

So my DP and i couldnt help it, we cant wait to celebrate his birthday and this is such a milesto...

2 replies

for us it was more gunna be like a family get together where we kinda just celebrate the first six months of his life so yeah its no...

Lilah's first birthday party Lock

With a smile like that she'll be able to charm anyone!

12 replies

Darn it! Missed them Happy birthday lilah!

Green food Lock

How about cupcakes with green icing and a head of a fredo chocolate frog sticking out. You can bu...

1 reply

I always do a fruit salad turtle/echinda., kids love it... Basically a watermelon cut in half, melon scooped out of the half you ar...

Nicolle43

Christening or Naming Day?? Advice and Help Please!! Lock

Hi all Huggies Mummies!! I'm hoping I can get some advice please! My baby girl is 6mths old a...

5 replies

I'm also trying to decide whether to have a naming day or a baptism for my DS, his father's chatholic as am I we just don...

Buggie mama

For anyone that is interested Pics Lock

My Sons first Birthday was on Monday, but we had his party on the sunday was such a lovely day an...

5 replies

Happy birthday to your little guy! It looks like he had a great birthday. Good job muma!

leisah

DD2's birthday cake *new pictures added* Lock

It's DD2's birthday on the weekend so I've spent the last week making fondant topp...

20 replies

Awesome job! They are amazing love Winnie the Pooh! Happy Birthday to your Dd

Aimee_08

Exclusive Gift Baskets Lock

Hi Everyone, I am expecting my first baby in April 2014 and have also just started my own Online...

New no replies
Snuffleupagus

1st birthday party brisbane Lock

Hey ladies, and daddies, My little one turns one in June and I want to start organising her part...

3 replies

Suttons Beach would be a great venue. What I love about that place is that they have a great place for BBQ as well as playing ground...

Waywad-870

What do you do on your child's birthday? Lock

Birthdays are a big thing in my family. We start the day with the child waking us up and giving t...

4 replies

lol its funny this topic came up, its my ds1's 5th birthday today Anyways when he woke up this morning he gave him his present...

Stacey_Bousfield

Trying to find specific toy for sons 1st Birthday! Lock

Hi, I am currently trying to find the Fisher Price Crawl and Cruise Musical jungle for my near on...

New no replies
jazool

Update ** frozen theme ** birthday party games for a 7 year old Lock

DD1 is having her party soon and I am looking for some ideas... she has asked for a treasure hun...

12 replies

thank you, thank you, thank you so many cool ideas, I knew you guys would be the best to talk to! Athaye- I think carrots wil...

Ivy_Hilig

A big first birthday party? Lock

My only son is turning one is August (I know I'm planning early). But before I read any onl...

3 replies

Ok thanks guys. Its good to hear its do-able. I'm up for the challege. I know my baby, I think he'll handle it just fine....

4th birthday Lock

We had a rainbow party with all her friends and she got a rainbow dress a game some clothes and I...

10 replies

Argh - I honestly couldnt remember!! I looked up some pics from DD1's 4th bday and we celebrated as a family with a weekend a...

Mumto2ratbags

Ideas for a transport/ car themed party? Lock

Hi there, My son is 2 in January and is obsessed with anything on wheels! I have decided to have ...

6 replies

I made really easy mars bar cars once, I saw a pic on the internet somewhere. The "car" is a mini mars bar/milky way. Th...

mumma001

first birthdays Lock

my little mans turns one today and I was just sitting here thinking it was like he was only born ...

1 reply

thankyou ladie and yes we are having a good day as he is all smiles

5 Y.O Birthday Theme Lock

A colour theme would be easy Otherwise dinosaurs were a hit for my 5 yr old dd

New no replies
Tori-93

First birthday invites Lock

I was just wondering if you did a photo invitation what photo did you put on, as in how old was y...

4 replies

Tori-93 wrote: Can't fit two photos on there, but i was thinking new born too. If i do a recent one it will be a march photo so...

Misssjmj

Baby Snuggle Binkies and Diaper Cakes here in NZ!? Lock

I have started an FB page for my home business and up for grabs before we open is a Baby Snuggle ...

New no replies
knockonwood

Present ideas for 8 y.o. boy ??? Lock

I have two girls so really get stuck buying for boys My budget is usually around $15 so not muc...

4 replies

My boy will be 7 is April but he love Capitian Underpants books. He also loves trash packs. A hit from his grandmother was hotwheels...

Clax

4 year old girl present ideas Lock

So DD1 is having a birthday in a bit over a month and I am at a complete loss as to what to get h...

10 replies

That is great looking! But a lot of fondant contains egg white so DD can't have it I might try an icing sheet, I saw a cool o...

Choi0701

Christening party ideas please? Lock

Hi, This is my first time writing a thread. I need your advice badly as my baby boy's christ...

3 replies

Not sure about banners, but I attended a christening recently, and the parents did a 'time capsule' thing where guests wer...

Happy Birthday my Beautiful Daughter Lock

happy 8th birthday to your beautiful DD, her cake looks lovely

2 replies

Happy birthday to your big 8year old!! Cake looks great!

more*cake

Anyone had or been to a Gymbus party? Lock

Hi, am interesting in hiring the 'Gymbus' for my daughter's 6th birthday party...T...

New no replies

Cakes Lock

I have so far, but have only had two birthdays to bake for. I have enjoyed doing it, but I do thi...

7 replies

My mum usually makes the cakes and I make the cup cakes but I would like to attempt making the cakes myself this coming year

2 little muppets

DS's 1st birthday Lock

Oh boy, my little man turned 1 on Saturday! Where did the last year go? I'm pretty pleased w...

8 replies

jazool wrote: your cake looks great too, how did you do the snake shape? All I did was use the cake tin that gives you the hole on...

PAIRS

Engraving suggestions please Lock

I am about to purchase a cake server set for a baptism gift and would like to engrave it with som...

6 replies

Thank you for your generous quotes, now the challenge is to choose my favourite out of so many great ones.

Food ideas for ds birthday Lock

Sandwiches? Depending on the fillings, you could make them and freeze them beforehand, just take...

4 replies

I can't believe he's one already! Hope the party goes well tomorrow x

Claire_Drewett

1st birthday party! Lock

My daughter is turning one on the 7th of January. Because it's so close to Christmas I'...

1 reply

That's my birthday. What a great day for your daughter to be born. I always had trouble having a party when I was a kid becau...