Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Celebrations - Kids (Birthdays / Christenings etc)

Celebrations - Kids (Birthdays / Christenings etc)

Carlysmith84-876

Just wanted to share! dd was 3 today! here is her cake! Lock

Hi ladies! My baby girl was 3 today!! Eeek! She wanted a cinderella castle cake.... Here is my t...

9 replies

What a fantastic cake. Well done. I am sure your dd loved it very much. Hope she had a great birthday. xx

Honeyedlacephotography

Cake Smash Photoshoots! Lock

Hi all! I am looking to expand my photography portfolio for Cake Smash Sessions (I currently pho...

New no replies
PAIRS

Cake filling suggestions for white choc mud Lock

Hi all, I need to create more height on my cake. I am combining three cakes into one (2 x 10in...

1 reply

Raspberries and cream/icing Broken honeycomb and cream/icing You could even have to different fillings .... yummo!!

PAIRS

Can I make a cookies and cream slice in advance? Lock

Morning all, I am making this slice for Saturday can I make it today and leave it in the fridge...

2 replies

I'd probably leave it til Thursday or Friday like previous posts have said. It sounds interesting & yummy, could you share...

knockonwood

I'm going to make one of those polka dot cakes .... any tips? Lock

So I'm turning 40 next month (not shouting it too loudly though!!). I was going to do somet...

5 replies

Thanks Chalys, sound like great tips, I'm looking forward to trying it!!!

Hardy_Ke

Gender Reveals Lock

Hi All, I'm looking for some feedback, I create little business sized cards with designs on ...

New no replies
PAIRS

Can you eat a 12 month old frozen birthday cake? Lock

I received an interesting question from a friend at work today who asked me whether a fondant mud...

3 replies

Rosie Mumma wrote: Yes!!! It's tradition to save the top tier of your wedding cake and eat it at your first wedding anniversary...

jazool

DS is turning 8 soon... I need your help :) Lock

I am totally stuck on what to get him. he loves lego but once he has finished building it he ju...

7 replies

Thank you to all for your replies, some things we have already and lots of good ideas! 3jayz. I definately think his interests are...

LouChoo

centrelink payments Lock

Hi Does anyone know whether you can receive any benefits if you have sizeable savings in the ban...

5 replies

I Love My Babes wrote: Oh and they told me they don't count the money from the house as your house isn't counted as asset&...

Shellie_Derrick

1st Birthday Lock

Hi I was just wondering what you did for you kids 1st birthday. I dont know what to do for my so...

4 replies

Didnt really ever do 1st Birthdays as they never showed interest at so young an age. But I did let them dive into their own cake and...

mummy22girls

Anyone made Peppa Pig Cake - Novice needs some help with the icing. Lock

Hi all, I'm going to make a Peppa Pig cake this week and I am stuck on the icing, I have bo...

6 replies

So-Lite! That's what the 'stuff' is called! l buy it from a lady who makes cakes herself. And the outline / piping...

I'm going to make ...... Lock

What about using chocolate finger biscuits? Or are you dead set on Kit Kats lol http://www.recip...

5 replies

Those cakes are amazing!! I've never seen them before, but I think I know what I'm going to make for DS1s Birthday in May!...

DJ's Mama

Who goes all out Lock

It is my DS 1st Birthday in June and I am already planning. I have everything planned out perfec...

4 replies

Ohhhh yes, this is my favourite part in their lil lives. Lol We definately have always gone the full hog for their firsts and 5ths....

Wendy-Ann

Help with themed birthday party's please! :-) Lock

Hi there, I am trying to figure out some suitable themes for different ages. What age are your ...

1 reply

What age are you thinking for? Our son will be one in August and we are doing Sesame Street. Friends have done Fairies, Butterflies...

TinyTee

Anyone got any memorable baby shower games they really LOVED Lock

Ok, im gonna be honest and let ya know I kinda hijacked someone elses BRILLIANT idea for a baby s...

1 reply

Seriously MO3C, you really are amazing!!! The things you can do with a computer/recipe's/mummy skills still have me in awe! Hu...

TinyTee

Where do you buy baby shower invites in NZ online???? Lock

I think the question is obvious. Lol. I did the whole invite thing via Huggies to be told at the...

3 replies

Absolutely awesome ideas from everyone. Tried to post that yesterday but couldnt Ended up going to a photo place (Fuji film) and ...

Smith_Renee

Help!! 1st Birthday!! Lock

I have a First Birthday to attend on the weekend, the theme is the wiggles, and im not too sure w...

1 reply

Trucks,cars,books,blocks

knockonwood

Present ideas for 6y.o. boy? Lock

As the title says, I need ideas for a present for a 6 y.o. boy, my nephew. Already have heaps of...

4 replies

My son at the moment is loving his 'bopit', his older cousin got him into it. Thats all I have and I noticed it wasnt on ...

SaRiLaRi

Ideas for a superhero party??? Lock

For a 5 yr old, guests will be 3-5yrs. Any ideas for games, activities, cute food, CAKE??? I&#x...

1 reply

For games, what about that one where everyone sits in a circle around a kingsize bar of chocolate. Everyone has a turn at rolling a ...

PAIRS

Maltesers cake recipe Lock

Hi ladies, Just wondering if any of you bakers have a yummy Malteser cake recipe you could share...

5 replies

The icing is very sweet as the milo and the sugar content is quite high. The cake is a slightly sweeter /malty version of a standard...

Ben&Chloës Mama

Cake Smash Lock

Has anybody done a cake smash for a 1 year old before? If so did you do it all yourself (without ...

10 replies

A&E wrote: I think its an awsome idea. Although I don't know when you were planning to do it. But I wouldn't do it...

westernboys

Pinata cake Lock

Has anyone made the AWW pinata cake? I am thinking of making this for the next birthday party bu...

2 replies

A friend of mine made one but had trouble getting the set chocolate to come away from the bowl without cracking it, she ended up set...

PAIRS

How early can you make cupcakes and biscuits? Lock

Have a party this Saturday and was wondering can I start baking everything tonight, keep it in a...

2 replies

Yep I agree with others make the cupcakes tonight and freeze them. With biscuits it depends but lots keep but just don't ice etc u...

*OurDarling*

What cake do you make for kids birthdays? Lock

DD's 2nd birthday is in 2 weeks and I'm planning her cake. I was going to make a white mud cake b...

2 replies

It depends what you are icing the cake with. Sounds like we'll b baking at the same time. I use buttermilk and find it provides...

Marie_k

Kids Goody Bags Lock

Hi! I am organising my sons 1st birthday party and I have no idea what to put in the kids goody ...

4 replies

I don't like putting many lollies etc in so usually just a couple of sweets. Then I go to the Reject Shop and buy stuff from there ...

Halz_88

any cool idears for a first birthday party Lock

i have a large family lots of extended family and wanted to my son a first birthday party hoping ...

1 reply

•A Teddy Bears Picnic is always fun for young children, and you will be able to buy your baby a special bear to remember the day. We...

charliegirl78

Lunch suggestions for DD's 1st birthday Lock

It is my daughters 1st birthday 2 days after Xmas and I was thinking of doing a lunch thing with ...

7 replies

If you used a flower shape you could stick a toothpick through a grape to attach to it & it would look really cute!

charliegirl78

Lunch idea for DD 1st birthday........What do you think? Lock

So I am having family over for lunch on my daughters 1st birthday 2 days after Xmas and I have be...

2 replies

Sounds lovely

Darcy54

Help a grandma! Lock

I'm soon to be christening my sweet lil twin grandchildren, Jack and Madeline. I need advice on w...

2 replies

www.christeninggowns.com !! They have the most ABSOLUTELY beautiful children's garments that I have ever seen! I ordered my little H...

*~Zimbee~*

Need some help!! Lock

Hi everyone! My DD's 2nd birthday is fast approaching!!! We want to have a second birthday for he...

3 replies

Yeah that was actually what i was thinking instead of a meal time maybe at like 3 in the afternoon!

Mum2onebub

Ds birthday yesterday.Pics included. Lock

Ds was the big 1 yesterday. We had a lovely day, a nice morning tea at home and out to dinner.Th...

10 replies

My_little_dazzler wrote: naw happy birthday to your little man grin He sure is a cutie! Hope you all had a great day xx Thanks girl...

azharinah

Cartoon characters look alike birthday party Lock

Hello everyone, just wanna share something about my daughters 2nd birthday party! She loves Dora ...

3 replies

Look up Casey Characters on Facebook located in Narre warren in Victoria. Dora, elmo, cookie, Dorothy , mario, Minnie Mouse , sponge...

anyone that goes to playgroups quick question please Lock

The one I go to they don't do anything for birthdays. I guess they all might be different though.

1 reply

The mums in my playgroup offered to bring a plate each to throw a party for ds 1st birthday, but we've all been together since our b...

knockonwood

Fancy dress ideas please Lock

So DD is having a fancy dress party for her 6th birthday in a couple of weeks. I'd love to dress...

3 replies

Yeah you can check some of the websites were you can get good dresses,like ebay , mantra etc for more sites check more Sites .

Spiritedmummy

Cake Decorating Help Lock

Hi All My DD's 4th birthday is coming up and I am after some help with fondant cake decorating. ...

9 replies

Great thank you heaps! That Winnie looks amazing well done

Basera_Totakil7

2nd b'day cake ideas Lock

i am planning to make my daughters second b'day cake. i wanted to know if any knows where i can h...

3 replies

I'm not sure of what's in your local area (as I'm in WA) but we have a few cake supply shops around here that hire tins for $5-$10, ...

jazool

my DD2's birthday - pics included :) Lock

hey girls thought I would try posting a few pics form DD2's 2nd bday celebraitons on the weekend...

8 replies

I always NEED white choc kitkats

Jenna491

1st Birthday Help ! Lock

Hello, Im busy planning bubs 1st birthday but we dont have a lot of friends with kids. Is it bad...

2 replies

Thanks everyone, my partner didnt think it was a big deal and said it was more a celebration for us, I just didnt want bub to miss o...

Katherine_Gubala

Baby Girls 1st Birthday Lock

Hi, Im creating a slideshow for my daughters 1st birthday. Does anyone have any suggestions for ...

2 replies

We had a teddy bears picnic theme for my daughters first birthday. Haven't done the dvd yet, but when I do I am going to put the pic...

Terror Tots

So sick of people who don't RSVP!!! Lock

We have DS3's first birthday party this weekend. It's the second party we've thrown this month s...

9 replies

I think it's rude when people don't RSVP. If people put RSVP details on the invitation, then obviously they want to know numbers! ...