Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Celebrations - Kids (Birthdays / Christenings etc)

Celebrations - Kids (Birthdays / Christenings etc)

Athaye

My baby is one today!!!! Lock

Well DD2 is one today - she's my baby and will always be my baby as we don't plan on having anymo...

2 replies

Happy birthday little miss!

mum_2_2 now

what to get for 1st bday? Lock

my niece is having her 1st birthday and a couple of weeks and i have no idea what to get her i me...

5 replies

My daughter turns 1 tomorrow, and we had her party yesterday - she got bath toys, books, plush toys, a doll, LOTS of clothes, duplo,...

lissiii

may i please have your ideas Lock

we have been invited to a party of a little girl from dancing, we dont know her very well as only...

2 replies

My daughter turned 5 last week.Some of the gifts she got that she really liked was Zhu Zhu pets,Littlest Pet Shop,Baking stuff.She a...

Having two godmothers? Lock

Hey ladies my three kids are all christened in June hopefully waiting on a call today to confirm...

19 replies

I have thought long and hard about the godparents and I'm sure I'm content now there is only one godparent that doesn't live in our ...

will.i.em

Godfathers MIA...................... Lock

5 replies

usually you can have someone stand in for a god parent like maybe the granddad or something or a friend so the wee guy has someone s...

MummyLuvsMaddie

Eggs in 1st birthday cake?? Lock

I like to be super organised so I'm trying out cake ideas for my DD's 1st birthday (in June mind ...

5 replies

I was wondering the exact same thing. We have a history of egg allergies in the family so I am very careful not to introduce egg bef...

i love my bubba!

My little lady is 2! Lock

My little girl is 2 years old today! Can't quite believe it, where does the time go? Happy birt...

5 replies

Hope the princess has a lovely birthday!! We wish her lots of hugs and kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tarz250287

Naming Day - When Is Yours ? Lock

Hi Everyone... I'd like to know, to host a Naming Day, does each name has a special date or can ...

1 reply

Hi there As far as I know (and I've been doing alot of research myself recently as about to plan my daughters) you can hold a Namin...

Ljse80

Do your kids have a party every year? Lock

DD (4) and DS (2) both have birthdays within a fortnight of each other. I always said I wouldn't ...

8 replies

My sister and I have birthdays a month apart (there are 3 years between us)- we had a birthday party alternate years (me one year, m...

1down1tocome

when to have christening? Lock

just wondering at what age is best for DD to get christened? She is currently 6 weeks old...i tho...

6 replies

hmm i was thinking about having it on my DD's first birthday...not sure yet But i think it is up to the individual

Meandyou87

What games to do at a party for a 5 year old Lock

Im wanting some games ideas to do for a 5 year olds birthday party as i dont want them to get bor...

3 replies

5 year olds don't tend to get bored at parties.... treasure hunt with water pistols hidden is a great one at our house

celestialstarco

That 1 on the cake is for the number of guests, not the age of the child. Lock

Being a mum has made me loads more supervised. Mainly because I have to be. In the past, to throw...

10 replies

Wow ok this may be a little off topic but the way you write you should be a blogger! That was fantastic to read. You really have ta...

Happy birthday my gorgeous boy! Lock

edit.

5 replies

Happy Birthday Keone! Hope you had the most awesome 1st birthday. Big cuddles & kisses to you today! xxoo

Nicky_CZJ

Birthday partys Lock

Has anyone been too or had a birthday party at Hungry Jacks? DS1 is 5 in May and hasnt had a bda...

7 replies

Hi there, we don;'t have a maccas or HJs nearby so my kids parties myself, i always go basic!! We have two playgrounds here, one in ...

Levi's_mummy

Awwww our little man is 1 tomorrow Lock

Wow i still cannot believe how fast the year has gone...Levi is turning 1 tomorrow. he's growing ...

5 replies

Happy 1st Birthday wee man!!!!

yvonneclifford

Fondant (?) Icing Lock

It is DS's 1st birthday party this weekend and we are having a nautical theme. I found this pictu...

5 replies

Where do you get the gel colourings from? we dont really have any 'local' cake supplier, we dont have any 'local' anything suppliers...

*alyssa&kobeys~mummy*

What did you buy your 2yr old DD for her birthday? Lock

As the title says....Its 5 months until DD turns 2 so i have time to think but i also have bub du...

16 replies

DD received a bit for her 2nd birthday but the 2 things by far that were the best presents i.e. she still plays with them on a daily...

***Tracey***

I am going to a christening on the weekend Lock

For a 5 month old baby girl. Any idea's would be great! TIA

4 replies

We had the girls christened in November and they got some lovely gifts. Things like; Nursery rhyme books money boxes ceramic and tim...

CodynBellaMum

Thinking ahead to children's 21st!!! Lock

Hi guys, I have both a son and a daughter. For each of my Daughter's birthday I want to buy her...

4 replies

Thanks for that guys! My mum thought about the minted coin yesterday and have ordered the brochure to look at them all, hopefully t...

JR3913

Baby Shower Lock

Hi everyone, We found out at 20 weeks that our little girl has a heart problem and will need surg...

3 replies

I agree gift cards are great, you can keep them for a little later when you do need something. I personally went to a baby store an...

gemini5000

black food color Lock

i need some for my sons birthday cake and there is none around.anyone know where i can get some? ...

8 replies

Milly's in NZ does the gel stuff (they sell it online too but don't know if they ship to OZ). The trick with it is to start with cho...

sussanb

Christening or naming day ?? Lock

Hi Ladies , My little girl will be one in March and i thought i would have her 1st B'Day and ch...

8 replies

it shouldn't be a problem to have a christening if thats what you want. you may have to attend church a few times, but each church ...

love_my_boys

ideas for a 5yr olds bday party Lock

Ok I'd really appreciate some other peoples experiences/advice on throwing a 5yr olds bday party....

4 replies

path not bath !

kylie7773

The wot wots Lock

Hi My boy loves the wot wots and i was wanting to do a birthday cake for him, i was wondering if ...

1 reply

Hi Kylie, SpottyWot & DottyWot found your post on the internet and they've asked me to send a very happy birthday to your son! Ther...

Teeparty

A place to buy Party food and cakes in brisbane Lock

I am a long time Huggies user but unfortunately could not remember my old password so had to star...

New no replies
Lara21

A fish birthday cake - any ideas? Lock

My Noah is about to turn 2 and loves fishing with his Dad.... So I thought I could make him a bir...

7 replies

What about making the cake the pond and adding some people fishing in the cake? A bit like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/2416673...

SGD443

Water bottle labels Lock

Hi all Does anyone know where I can get water bottle labels made for my daughters 5th birthday p...

4 replies

Thanks so much all, I found this print place called Vista Print, they print all sorts of things, so I ordered some labels, yet to re...

anita!

Baby Shower Wishing Well Lock

Hi Everyone!!! Have my first bub on the way and couldn't be more excited!!! Altough this will be...

3 replies

I'm going to go against the grain and say I think a wishing well is a great idea for a baby shower. I just had mine and had relative...

chellebubs

1st birthday theme - Noahs Ark Lock

Hi there, My sons 1st birthday is coming up and we are having a Noahs Ark/Baby Animal theme. Ive...

2 replies

Hi there, My sons 1st birthday is coming up and we are having a Noahs Ark/Baby Animal theme. Ive made the invites and am having a ...

deepika.g

MY BUBS FIRST BIRTHDAY Lock

Hi everyone...I Want to organise a birthday party for my little one..and ofcourse i am so excited...

4 replies

I just ordered my DD's invitations for her 1st birthday next month online last night - vistaprint.com.au Cost me $8.60 for 10 1st b...

celestialstarco

Nautical themed party- ideas? Lock

I'm having a nautical themed 1st birthday for my daughter. it's going to be by the beach- weather...

New no replies
MyLittleCocoBear

1st birthday party Lock

My son will be turning 1 in March & I've decided to throw him him a "Jungle Safari" themed party,...

7 replies

Have you tried Paper Eskimo, The Party Parlour or scissors.paper.cake?? Also if you have a look through Donna Hay Kids or Womens We...

Dora Birthday Cake....finished at last!!! :) Lock

DD is having her 2nd birthday party tomorrow and I just have finished her cake...just wanted to s...

5 replies

Oh wow!! That is fantastic!! You did a great job, I hope she has a wonderful party

Christening pressies Lock

Hi, my friends 2 little girls are being christened in october, and I dont think DH and I are goin...

9 replies

How about a really cute canvas painting for their bedroom. There are some really cute ones available via http://artbychickadee.com/ ...

reusable Advent calendars Lock

I have a girl, so i did hairclips and jewellery, but i guess that doesn't work for you, huh? Som...

2 replies

I put 2 small decorations into each pocket then each day they put the decoration on to the tree. My 6 yr old & 2 yr old love it.

AngelBoo+1

baby's first christmas Lock

This year is my DD's (she is 6 months old) first christmas and because my DH has so much family i...

6 replies

Yep will just have to put my foot down i guess and say no she needs a sleep, even if they get annoyed with me they have had kids of ...

LeiMei

1st Birthday Lock

DD2 is turning 1 in a little under a month and I'm trying to think up some party ideas... DD1 is ...

4 replies

Thanks for all your great suggestions everyone. I think a theme is probably a good idea. The play centres are good but they're kind ...

When would you hold a birthday party Lock

My sons birthday is on the 27th December. I'm thinking of having a party 2 weeks earlier for him ...

8 replies

DD's birthday is the 21st. We have a premanent booking with family to have her dinner the sunday before her birthday so they can pla...

Olive*Oyl

Baby shower games Lock

I am hosting a baby shower for a friend next week and I am so disorganised because of kids being ...

12 replies

We did "the price is right" for my SIL. Have a bag full of baby things (dummy, baby food, changemats, bottle, wipes etc) and the gue...

How much do you spend on your children Lock

DDs is coming up and so far iv spent $130, I still have to get her an alphie robot so that brings...

32 replies

We have a party each and every year for each of them (3 girls), I think its only their birthday once a year, why not!! Their present...