Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Your Relationships
  5. Just updating everyone from my post yesterday

Just updating everyone from my post yesterday Lock Rss

I packed as much as i could yesterday and.........I LEFT DF smile i sent him a text saying i wont be comming back home for a week, and to not contact me as i need some space to work out what i want. He tried calling me quite alot but i just ignored it. I dont feel upset, i havent cried, i feel at peace with my desicion. I feel bad for taking DS away from his dad, but its not a good environment for him to be in right now. Im staying at my parants house, my mum does family daycare so she has a cot/changetable i can use for now thankfuly smile

I hope that DF realises what he has lost, he could have had a great family if he wasnt such an ass!!

I dont know if we will be able to work out everything that has happened, i just need to concentrate on giving my son the life he deserves smile

I just wanna saye a HUGE thank you to everyone who has offered me the support i needed to finaly do something, id be lost without all you lovely ladies smile
Good for you!
You and your DS deserve better. Good luck and i hope everything works out smile

That is wonderful news!
Don't let him get to you or guilt you with your son to get you back. Your stronger then he will ever be. You and your son deserve a happy life and your well on your way! Congrats for having the courage to get out before it got worse. Your an inspiration to those stuck in horrid relationships. smile

grin I am so happy for you, hope everything works out for you. You did something really brave and you should be proud of yourself, your DS is very lucky to have you as a mum. grin
that is good news, your parents must be pleased to see you and your son out of that situation.Wishing you all the best and keep strong!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I feel very proud at the moment for what i did grin I needed this so badly, being treated like absolute crap for 3 years (roughly 1 year into our relationship he changed) If me and Df dont get back together.....then ill be happy, if he seeks professional help for his temper, then there may be a possibility we will work things out, but to me its not a desicion ill be taking lightly smile

Im about to start the tertiary preperation program, so i can get into uni and do a bachelor in nursing, so i really dont need the negativity and distraction from DF, i want to be a nurse so bad and i was not about to let him take that away from me.

I know i can do it on my own, and i know i can give DS everything he needs.

Who knows if me and DF dont get back together, down the rack i may meet someone who will treat me like i deserve to be treated, i hope i will anyway smile

Im so happy right now grin grin grin grin grin
YAY im so excited for you!! this is the start of a new life!

feeling at peace with leaving and not being upset means you have made the right choice!

i hope all goes well for you and your DS, by the sounds of it you two deserve great happiness!

dont put urself back in that position!! good luck
good on you!!!!!

dont feel bad for taking your DS away from his father, if it wasn't for his fathers behaviour, you wounld not have had to leave, so only he should feel responsible for that. sometimes having no father is better than having the type that he is. he is the one who has to change, get help and fix his issues, and you make him work hard to earn back the respect and trust that he has destroyed, if its even possible. take as much time as you need away from him and make him understand that he can say whatever he likes to make you think he has changed, but this sort of personal change does not happen over night, and actions speak much louder than words.

so happy that you have your mum as support, and the support of all us here at huggies.

stay strong and let us know how everything goes!

I feel very proud at the moment for what i did grin I needed this so badly, being treated like absolute crap for 3 years (roughly 1 year into our relationship he changed) If me and Df dont get back together.....then ill be happy, if he seeks professional help for his temper, then there may be a possibility we will work things out, but to me its not a desicion ill be taking lightly smile

Im about to start the tertiary preperation program, so i can get into uni and do a bachelor in nursing, so i really dont need the negativity and distraction from DF, i want to be a nurse so bad and i was not about to let him take that away from me.

I know i can do it on my own, and i know i can give DS everything he needs.

Who knows if me and DF dont get back together, down the rack i may meet someone who will treat me like i deserve to be treated, i hope i will anyway smile

Im so happy right now grin grin grin grin grin

grin Glad you are feeling so good & good luck with your nursing course!!!!!!!!!
hey! just wanted to say congratulations.. it's awesome that you are obviously strong enough and have enough self-worth to see that you and your son deserve better.

I would say DEFINATELY do the study you want to do. I started studying my bachelor of nursing when my dd was 1 yr old... and we were living at my parents house at the time. It's a great way to do it.... I can't stress enough how much I NEEDED the help and support of my parents to get through it.

Not only will you always get work when you've completed your studies... but it will give you a massive boost in pride and self esteem to know that you've acheived such a massive thing. Nursing shows you a side of life that we are priveliged to see and teaches us to appreciate good people and good health even moreso than we already do. You will see things similar to what you have already been through and it will confirm to you why you've made the choice to leave.

Also... when you have completed the first year of nursing, did you know you can get a job as an assistant in nursing? They do the same thing as an EN, and the pay is nearly the same as an EN too. It's a great way to get a head-start with a bit of experience and helps you to learn all the things you are reading about.

Go for it girl.... your life is yours now, make the most of it!!!

xxxxxxxx

I'm so happy to hear you are out of this situation! and that you are so happy!!!
Good on you, yu deserve a good life for u and your DS..
Good luck becoming a nurse and fulfilling a dream.
All the best and keep us posted on how you are both doing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well done mate...
I was wondering how you went.
Keep us all updated.
:0)
Sign in to follow this topic