Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Does he have a point? Lock Rss

So df and i tried to apply for a home loan today and were turned down because of existing loans for the business - we wanted to roll them into the house loan which would have meant we would be $200 a fortnight better off after the rates were taken out but they won't let us do this because the house isn't worth that much and while i was trying to figure out how we could come up with the money the subject of cattle came up & df started on his usual rant about how mamy times we've helped my parents out with the musters etc and how few cattle i've got to show for the last few years. My parents gave us all a heifer calf years ago with the deal that we got any steers and they got the heifer calves 12 years later and after my brother sold his share my sister and i have 13 head between us (although i am pretty sure there is actually some more out of town). My opinion is we should be grateful for what we do have and i argue all the time with him over it his arguement is that my cow alone should have had almost that many calves and that dad has been continously selling them for himself and replacing them with younger beasts which can't be sold & then doing the same thing the next time around.
So does he have a point that its not right or is he just carrying in?

Robin

So df and i tried to apply for a home loan today and were turned down because of existing loans for the business - we wanted to roll them into the house loan which would have meant we would be $200 a fortnight better off after the rates were taken out but they won't let us do this because the house isn't worth that much and while i was trying to figure out how we could come up with the money the subject of cattle came up & df started on his usual rant about how mamy times we've helped my parents out with the musters etc and how few cattle i've got to show for the last few years. My parents gave us all a heifer calf years ago with the deal that we got any steers and they got the heifer calves 12 years later and after my brother sold his share my sister and i have 13 head between us (although i am pretty sure there is actually some more out of town). My opinion is we should be grateful for what we do have and i argue all the time with him over it his arguement is that my cow alone should have had almost that many calves and that dad has been continously selling them for himself and replacing them with younger beasts which can't be sold & then doing the same thing the next time around.
So does he have a point that its not right or is he just carrying in?

Idon't reallly understand really, sorry,

maybe your dad thinks he is replacing one with another not ripping you off, as he is prob doing most of the work with them food etc also...
I suggest asking your father to see all the records on your cow. My dh is 3rd generation farmer and he has detailed information of all his livestock. Plus they should be registered on a national database somewhere. I imagine your parents will keep accurate, detailed records of their livestock so if you ask to see them you may put your fiances argument to rest once and for all. 13 head between you and your sister after 12 years sounds reasonable to me considering the deal was you only got the steers.
Sign in to follow this topic