Huggies Forum

advice plz! Lock Rss

Maybe try cooking a nice romantic dinner and go the old fashioned way. It might relax him, and open him up to talk things through. If it leads to sex, great, but if not at least the communication door is open again.
I'm sorry to be a downer but IMO if it's been 3 weeks there is something up! (and not the good thing...wink )

Men are sexual creatures (some a little too sexual!) and for him to not be interested suddenly after being a usual 2-3 times a week I think it's suss. Perhaps he is just stressed or tired but I really don't think that's it. I'd be asking more questions and maybe doing a little snooping ph34r
I have deleted my post because the last thing I was trying to do is upset you and I guess I shouldn't assume that based on what you have said.

You need to get him talking because he's the only one that can tell you what's really going on
Omg you girls... scare her much?

If my husband is stressed he doesn't want sex either. You've had quite a few changes going on and maybe he IS tired and stressed.

Another thing it could be is that some men find pregnancy a bit off putting. My dh and I didn't have sex for the entire pregnancy because it freaked him out that there was a baby just there. In the earlier weeks it was ok, but as soon as I started to show he couldn't do it.

You just need to get him to open up to you. Let him know that you understand he's stressed, and then tell him that not knowing what's wrong is really distressing for you. If he says he's stressed, ask what he's stressed about.

Hope things improve hun, I wouldn't assume that just because there's no sex that he wants to leave you! That's an awful thing to say!

I agree with Chalys.

You need to open up the line of communication. When I want to talk about something really important with my DH I do it in the shower, I usually start the convo when I am washing his back. I find that the fact that we are both naked and in a enclosed space and that its not sexual helps us to open up and be honest with each other.

If you are stressed and he is stressed then you are going to be a bit tense together. He may be feeling a bit of guilt for taking you away from your family, you never know until you talk to him.

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Omg you girls... scare her much?

If my husband is stressed he doesn't want sex either. You've had quite a few changes going on and maybe he IS tired and stressed.

Another thing it could be is that some men find pregnancy a bit off putting. My dh and I didn't have sex for the entire pregnancy because it freaked him out that there was a baby just there. In the earlier weeks it was ok, but as soon as I started to show he couldn't do it.

You just need to get him to open up to you. Let him know that you understand he's stressed, and then tell him that not knowing what's wrong is really distressing for you. If he says he's stressed, ask what he's stressed about.

Hope things improve hun, I wouldn't assume that just because there's no sex that he wants to leave you! That's an awful thing to say!

Chalys I see your point hun but, in my experience, stressed or not- men LOVE SEX! And certainly if they're not wanting it after 3 weeks I think there's something up. It wasn't said to scare her but as a different scenario maybe? There's not point saying "Yeah, your man doesn't want sex for 3 weeks- that's totally fine and normal" because in reality, it isn't! His comment "sex isn't everything in a relationship" said to me, there's something going on because to nearly all men, sex is a HUGELY important part of a relationship.

Men and women are not the same, a woman might not want sex if she's stressed and would prefer to "have a big deep and meaningful talk about it". I don't really think men enjoy the "let's sit down and talk about your stresses darling" scenario. I know my DH wouldn't like a talk, he'd like a good bonk wink
And Risi- you didn't need to delete your post! You didn't say anything wrong, people are allowed to disagree smile

And Risi- you didn't need to delete your post! You didn't say anything wrong, people are allowed to disagree smile

I actually walked away after writing that and thought...that poor girl might read that and get really upset, so I was already trying to think of how to edit it. But anyway it seems that I should have left it because reading the thread now seems like I wrote something worse than what I actually did write. I would just be worried if my df was not excited at all about my pregnancy and then doesn't want to have sex...it could be something as simple as stress and I hope that's all it is.

I agree with Chalys.

When I want to talk about something really important with my DH I do it in the shower, I usually start the convo when I am washing his back. I find that the fact that we are both naked and in a enclosed space and that its not sexual helps us to open up and be honest with each other.

I had to laugh at this this, Dansally. If I were in the shower, in an enclosed space, naked with my DH and washing his back, it would sure as hell get sexual real fast. wink

I actually walked away after writing that and thought...that poor girl might read that and get really upset, so I was already trying to think of how to edit it. But anyway it seems that I should have left it because reading the thread now seems like I wrote something worse than if what I actually did write. I would just be worried if my df was not excited at all about my pregnancy and then doesn't want to have sex...it could be something as simple as stress and I hope that's all it is.

People post here to get a variety of opinions, not just the one they want to hear. It's what I love about huggies, most people appreciate hearing a lot of different ideas. What we've posted isn't mean, it's a possibility. As is her DF being stressed. And I daresay both ideas have already crossed her mind, she just wants to know what others think.
Isn't this the 'T'?

I had to laugh at this this, Dansally. If I were in the shower, in an enclosed space, naked with my DH and washing his back, it would sure as hell get sexual real fast. wink

laugh laugh My DH knows that if I start washing his back and tell him I have something to talk about NO sex stuff will happen until the problem is resolved.
It could be a win/win for alleycat too if her DP gets frisky..... alleycat if you try this and he gets frisky go with it and then talk to him after, you will have LOTS of talking power then wink

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Sign in to follow this topic