Huggies Forum

Selfish, hormonal, sooky post. Lock Rss

What aliensquid said.

Also been known as purpleUnicorn,RainbowDragon, Charmander and RobotUnicorn.

Alien Squid wrote:
Sending you huge hugs. Please don't feel or think that your DS is not enough for you. That is not the case at all. Your desire for more children is not selfish, or the desire to have one child or no children is selfish. It is what is right for you.

There is a difference between sleeping with someone & making a life with someone. Well, in my book anyway.

To me, sleeping with someone is just a quick, cheap stunt. Sorry if I offend, but is the way I was raised & I have never ventured down that path.

To make love, be in a relationship, respect, etc, is amazing, but it also does not necessarily last. sad

Hun, you need to sort out what is right for you. If your DH is not all that you are expecting or he is not pulling his weight so to speak, maybe get some counselling as a couple. Maybe you need to just get away as a couple & have time to talk & sort things out.

I have my fingers & everything else crossed for you. A positive outcome for your relationship & for more children.

xxxxxxxx smile

+ 1000

Hun, I think you need to do something, like counselling, that way you can see if you can work it out or not. And ongoing too. Your happiness counts too and you can't be/do it all either. All the best Hun xx

You haven't done anything wrong and you haven't done anything to deserve this, because this is not what you deserve. You deserve better. You deserve to realise your dreams. I'm so sorry things are like this. I struggled with similar for a long time. I'd really recommend speaking with someone if you think it might help, if not as a couple then just for yourself, it might help give some perspective. It isn't selfish wanting more kids either, I always wanted more and never thought I'd be with anyone else. But somehow I got here. It shouldn't and doesn't have to be like this.
ProudToBeAMummy wrote:
Thanks ladies for your support. We really need to do counselling or something, I am just affaid of the cost, I am only earning enough to get us through each week. I am also worried if I do fork out this money and nothing changes because all we are doing is talking. We talked last time and he 'promised' things would change.

I'm not sure but you may be able to get some free counselling, not sure where from though. Like I said I think it needs to be ongoing rather than a once off chat xx or you could look at doing a relationship type course some churches run them. The one dh and I went to had a presentation and then you had time as a couple to talk and work through some questions.

ProudToBeAMummy wrote:
Thanks ladies for your support. We really need to do counselling or something, I am just affaid of the cost, I am only earning enough to get us through each week. I am also worried if I do fork out this money and nothing changes because all we are doing is talking. We talked last time and he 'promised' things would change.

I'm not sure but you may be able to get some free counselling, not sure where from though. Like I said I think it needs to be ongoing rather than a once off chat xx or you could look at doing a relationship type course some churches run them. The one dh and I went to had a presentation and then you had time as a couple to talk and work through some questions.

Your DH needs a kick up the a#se! I'm not very good at advice but I hope you figure out what will be best for you and DS. Whether it's staying, going to counselling and trying to turn your DH into a better husband or father or if it's leaving and trying to create a better life. To me it sounds like you are already a single mother IYKWIM
Sign in to follow this topic