Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Your Relationships
  5. I think my partner is emotionally cheating

I think my partner is emotionally cheating Lock Rss

I feel like I have no one to talk to about this.
We have a 5 week old, and a while ago I thought he was been secretive over his phone I conforuned him and he told me he was talking to some girl that was dating a friend of mines ex boyfriend and didn't tell me they were talking because he thought I would be angry. I told him I couldn't care less who some girl I never met was dating. So I forgot about it, but recently his behaviour made me suspicious again and I read his texts (bad I know) but it turns out he was seeing her and lying to me about it saying he was out with his brother or friends instead when he was with her and he talks about me to her when we fight, he goes to her for support when he is upset and when he is upset he blocks me out. He calls her "dear" tells her to "drive safe" she says "I'm lucky" (to be with him) she's concerned about her appearance when she hangs out with him, she says "I was just thinking of you" when he text her. Is any off this setting off alarm bells for anyone else who reads this or am I over reacting to an innocent friendship? Ps I've never met her.
Mummy&2 wrote:
I personally don't think your overreacting. If it's no big deal then why is he keeping it a secret?? To me it kinda sounds suss the what he's behaving. If my dh was secretly talking to some girl I don't know he would get his butt kicked.

+ 1 I would be seriously pissed off

Not good. Why does a man in a committed relationship,with a young baby, need to strike up a secretive friendship with a friends ex-boyfriends girlfriend? It seems flirtatious to me. I consider this to be on a very thin, wobbly line between extremely inappropriate and cheating.
Sorry!

You need to talk to him. Tell him how it making you feel.
You need to resolve this quickly, if I found out my husband was meeting up with a girl when he said he was with his brother I would be suspicious!
You've just had a baby, what the beep is he doing!!!
Trust your instincts!!! If he is lying to you about meeting her then I would have serious alarm bells!!!
Shine*on wrote:
Not good. Why does a man in a committed relationship,with a young baby, need to strike up a secretive friendship with a friends ex-boyfriends girlfriend? It seems flirtatious to me. I consider this to be on a very thin, wobbly line between extremely inappropriate and cheating.
Sorry!

+1
Yes, alarm bells would be ringing.
Clearly I need to talk to him. Any advice on how to bring this up because I shouldn't have invaded his privacy by looking at his texts.
I can't think of how to bring it up. I have tried being straight in the past and got lied to my face. If he is doing nothing wrong then he does not have any need to be secretive.

Make the choices that are right for you, not him or your baby. Making the right choice for you will lead to you being happy in the long run, if you are happy your baby will be also.
Personally I would just out and out say I looked at your phone, I read her txts, they aren't appropriate, care to explain?

Something to that effect.

But I don't know you nor him, so I'm not sure how that would work for you both. I just don't see it any use pretending you didn't look at his phone. Really, if it is all innocent, he shouldn't mind that you looked at his phone.

But you checking his phone is nothing compared to any form of cheating IMO.
You looked at his phone because something didn't seem right. I'd be upfront about it because looking at his phone is not that bad. He's the one with explaining to do, not you.

Sorry you're going through this.
It's also difficult because I know he will go into defensive mode and just assume that he was right and I'm just getting angry because he is talking to her.... My friends exs girlfriend not the fact that he is emotionally cheating.
Sign in to follow this topic