Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Family holiday in NSW Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I am wanting to arrange our first family holiday and really need ideas on good places to go.

Somewhere along the south coast would be great. I would have liked to go to Kiama but just not sure where the good places are??

Our son will be 20 months old by the time we go as we were planning on mid February 2011.

Really want to stay somewhere nice. Not too concerned about cost at this stage but would really love some recommendations from people.
i live about 5 mins from kiama, its a great place to relax but not really much to do, theres a cool little theme park about 5 mins from there called jamberoo recreation park. markets on sundays, great little restaurants n a lovely beach.
We went to Forster on the mid north coast in feb 09 and loved it. had a just 2 year old and so did the other family we went with. Stayed in a caravan park on the river in the on site cabins which were basic but had everything we needed. The park had a great pool area, with one part set up for very small children. Really pretty area and good facilities in the surrounding areas too.

I love going to port stephens. We normally stay at oaks Pacific Blue and I love the place. It has a lagoon pool that goes all around the resort. They have lots of different room types, to accomodate different groups. You can go dolphin watching at nelson bay. There are lots of great places to eat.

If you want to go South, you could also go to Batemans bay. There are places you can go fishing, or go to mogo zoo, they also have a botannical garden with some lovely walks.

We went to Forster on the mid north coast in feb 09 and loved it. had a just 2 year old and so did the other family we went with. Stayed in a caravan park on the river in the on site cabins which were basic but had everything we needed. The park had a great pool area, with one part set up for very small children. Really pretty area and good facilities in the surrounding areas too.

I live 25 minutes north of Forster, beautiful piece of the world smile
Another great place is Port Macquarie, about 5 hrs north of Sydney, There is plenty to do there and about 10 minutes away is park called Billabong Koala & wildlife park. Very suitable for any age... my partner loves going there hehe.

Kiama is absolutely lovely especially as the weather gets warmer and the beaches become more appealing.
There are a few good parks for the kids and the boat harbour, so it depends what you want from your holiday.
As for places to stay, there are few nice caravan parks and The Blowhole Point Holiday Park has cabins that are right next to the lighthouse and blowhole, and overlook the harbour.
Kiama itself doesn't have a lot of attractions, but it's not far to drive to some bigger towns.

I'm a bit biased when it comes to Kiama as I grew up having holidays there and now live not far away.
Caravan Parks
Mid North Coast is great! Very family friendly area and so much to do, Forster and Port Macquarie are lovely

Sign in to follow this topic