Huggies Forum

best toy ideas for a long car journey Lock Rss

Hi,
my family and I are leaving in 2 weeks for our family camping holiday. We are driving from Perth To Darwin which means 5 long days in the car. Our children are 5 and 18months. Our 5 year old is no problem to keep entertained but i am struggling with ideas on what toys to give our 18 month old to play with to stop her getting bored along the way.
Can anyone suggest sanity saving ( not too expensive) toys or ideas that kept their toddlers happy for long car trips. Cheers Dawn

Dawn,WA ,Chloe 3.5, Danielle born 17th dec 2004

Hi There
We travelled from Caboolture (nth of Brisbane) to Wynyard Tasmania last year (via Sydney), so know long car travel with a kid well. Our boy had just turned 2. We took loads of toys (way too many but anyway). Best things though - we had a cheap version of the magnadoodle that we got from KMart. Board Books were good too. I had a sock puppet (that we made at our playgroup) that I used over the back of my carseat to keep him occupied. Don't know if any of that helps - but I have to go and rescue my boy and take him to bed - it's tantrum time!

James' Mum

Sign in to follow this topic