Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

January '06 Recipe of the Month Lock Rss

Hi Everyone

Let's kick off the year with a bang and whip up some delicious creations for our families whether babies or toddlers.

Post your recipe here to enter into the competition. If your recipe is selected you will win a great gift from <a href="http://www.tommeetippee.com.au/">Tommee Tippee</a> and your recipe will feature in our <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Feeding Your Baby</a> section here on the Huggies site.

Have Fun!
The Huggies Team
hi there

well i dont know if this recipe would even get a mention as i saw it on a tv program from the uk but it went down a treat with my daughter so thought i would share it with other mothers.......

its called POTATO HEDGEHOG

2 medium/large sized potatoes peeled and cooked
1/2 tin or small tin of spaghetti or baked beans
grated cheese

peel and cook potatoes then mash them and put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper to make getting it off easier. put about half the amount of potato on the baking tray and make into a oval shape building up the sides (well in the middle) add the spaghetti or baked beans (which ever yr baby likes) then add the rest of the potatoes over the top all the while making the shape of a hedgehog and then using a fork make what looks like little spikes over the top of it (make a face and body) cover with grated cheese and put in the oven till nice and golden brown and heated through. take it out of the oven let it cool and then take it off the baking tray and paper and serve to your child as a good healthy snack or even lunch dinner.

hope that someone else gets to enjoy this recipe as my daughter has
so simple to make and they think its just the bees knees

ruby

Renee d.o.b: 7/12/03, Aiden d.o.b: 22/12/05

'Fasta Bambino Cheese Pasta'

1/2 cup tiny star pasta (stelline)
2tbsp butter
2tbsp plain flour
1 cup or so of breast milk/formula or cows milk
4 tbsp grated cheese
3 to 4 tbsp Tomato Sauce

Cook pasta as per directions.

To make cheese sauce, melt the butter in saucepan, stir in flour and cook for a minute. Gradually whisk in the milk and bring to the boil, cook until the sauce has thickened ( keep strirring). Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and tomato sauce to taste.
Stir in pasta. Serve.
(great for bub's and toddlers)

Sign in to follow this topic