Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

August Recipe of the Month Lock Rss

Hi to all our members,

The launch of our new section on our website "<a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Your Recipe of the Month</a>", has been a huge success with some fantastic recipes being sent in from our members. Keep them coming for the August Recipe of the Month that will be selected at the end of July by the team at Huggies. If your recipe is chosen it will appear in our <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Feeding Your Baby</a> section on the website and you'll receive a small gift from Huggies.

Your recipe should be "tried, tested and loved", perhaps you could include a hint or tip for freezing, or in fact how to get the little cherubs to eat the food you've so lovingly prepared.

So go ahead and mix, chop, beat and whip your hearts out.

Regards,

The Huggies Team
Hello All,

Here is a recipie I tried out recently for my daughter almost 19 months... she loves her vegetables but is not so keen on meat. This was a big success.

Little Zucchini and Lamb Cakes
(Easily prepared with a food processor)

Igredients:
250g lamb, minced
250g zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon of chopped parsely
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
flour
1 teaspoon of oil

Method:
Combine lamb with zucchini, parsely, shallots, cheese and beaten egg. Mix well and form into small cakes, using flour if neccessary to prevent sticking. Heat oil in fring pan and gently fry over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes on each side.

Once cooked serve and enjoy...

(Once cooked these zucchini and lamb cakes will keep in the fridge for 2 days)

Hope your little ones enjoy them as much as my daughter did.

Michelle.
a mild fruity chicken curry

1 bbq chicken ,
1 cup pitted prunes
1 chicken stock cube
tablespoon mild curry powder
i tin peaches
tin champignons or 1 cup fresh mushrooms.chopped
1 carton cream
1 tab butter

remove bones & skin from chicken
place chicken in small pieces in casserole dish
in small pan melt butter add stock cube & curry powder cook 2 minutes. add cream & bring to boil to chicken add the mushrooms, peaches, mushrooms, prunes then pour the cream mixture on the top covering the chicken mixture bake at 180'C for 30 mins serve with rice or couscous

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Noah's tuna mix

1 tin of tuna (in springwater).
A couple of boiled potatoes (mashed).
A handful of brocolli, cauliflower cut into bite size pieces, peas, corn & grated carrots.
Cheese sauce (either packet or homemade is fine).

In a bowl combine the mashed potato, tuna, peas, corn, grated carrot & the bite size pieces of brocolli & cauliflower.
Mix in a sufficent amount of cheese sauce to make a gravy.
Whaaalaaah!
Serve warm, either on its own or add some cooked pasta for a change. It's a favourite of Noah's.

(Sorry I don't have exact measurements, I usually just throw in what looks good at the time.)

I hope you all enjoy it.
Cheers!
Lynette.
Quick & Easy, Yummy Lasagne

ingredients;
750g mince beef
1 large cream
2 tbsp SR Flour
250g grated mozarella Cheese
250g grated cheddar cheese
1 jar Raguletto
lasagne sheets
heaps of chopped parsley

method;

1). Cook mince in large saucepan. When browned, add jar of Raguletto.

2). Combine mozarella cheese, cheddar cheese, SR Flour, parsley and cream and mix until well combined.

3). Place layers in lasagne dish of; mince, lasagne sheets, mince, lasagne sheets, remaining mince and then last of all spread the cheese mixture on top.

4). Bake in oven at 180 degreese for about half hour, or until browned.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Easy peasy pasta,

This isn't much of a recipe, but very easy and can be eaten by anyone up to fingerfood.

Cook up some large pasta, there some great shapes to keep the kids interested like bows and shells. Cook up a small quantity of peas and corn kernals. Then rinse pasta and just stir thru some kraft cream cheese and the veges.

My daughter eats this by the bowlful and my son loves eating it off his highchair tray with his fingers.

Stores well in the fridge for a few days and heats back up better than it started.

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Congratulations to Maddychelle for winning the August Recipe of the Month with her very tasty Zucchini and Lamb cakes recipe. Our kids loved it! You will be able to find it in our <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Feeding Your Baby</a> section on the website and we're sure all the Huggies mums will enjoy making it.

Thankyou to all our members that participated in this months competition, we're looking forward to the next round of entries from all of you in the September Recipe of the Month competition.

Regards
The Huggies Team
Woo Hoo,

A huge congrats to Chelle........... just what you deserve only days after your little boys birth, good on you,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

A Great Big Thankyou to the Huggies Team for setting up this competition. I just got home from hospital after giving birth to our son William Wyatt to find that I had won... I've had a rough few days with my baby boy in the special care nursery and was just so glad to finally be home with my family... finding out I had won this competition was the "Icing On The Cake" grin

I hope everybody who tries out this recipie enjoys it.

Thanks for your wishes too Tepe, you are very sweet.

Look forward to chatting lots more with all of you soon.

Michelle grin
Just wanted to come back here and say THANKYOU AGAIN...

I received my gift in the mail today and am extremely grateful to the entire Huggies Team.

Thanks so much from this very tired and very busy mum of 2 under 2.

Michelle grin

Yay! Congrats Michelle. Thats 2 gifts this month. They say things happen in 3's. You entered lotto?
Well done. grin

Bris, Bubby Breannah 22.04.04 n Patrick 17.01.06

Sign in to follow this topic