Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

September Recipe of the Month Lock Rss

Hi to all our members,

We have seen some fantastic recipes over the last couple of months and they have made the launch of our new section on our website "<a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Your Recipe of the Month</a>", a huge success. Keep the entries coming for the September Recipe of the Month, that will be selected at the end of August by the team at Huggies. If your recipe is chosen it will appear in our <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Feeding Your Baby</a> section on the website and you'll receive a small gift from Huggies.

Recipes should have your own creative touch and flair. Perhaps you could include some tips for freezing or a fun presentation idea.

Don the chefs hat, get your apron on and get into the kitchen.

Regards,

The Huggies Team
Andre's Quick Dinner

Thought I'd experiment tonight and tried this for dinner, he loved it and so did the rest of the family as we all had a taste test and wanted his dinner.
Also took next to nothing to make.

1 small tin of Tuna in springwater
1/4 of a cup of rice (uncooked) or 1/2 cup already cooked rice
1 defrosted cube (ice cube) of broccolli (approx 1 tablespoon if made fresh)
2 teaspoons of cottage cheese

Cook the rice.
Once cooked, place into a bowl add the tin of tuna the broccolli and give it a good mix.
I then placed half the mixture into my son's bowl and then added the cottage cheese and gave it another good mix.
The rest of the mixture can then be stored for another meal.

He loved it so much he was shovelling it in with his hands.
Note: before I mixed the cottage cheese in I heated it up a little more (approx 40 secs) in the microwave.

The tuna can be replaced with other meats perhaps left overs, left over rice and other vegetables can be used as well. I used broccolli as that is what was left in the freezer.
Endless combinations can be created.
Also, instead of cottage cheese perhaps try some lemon juice in it to compliment the tuna or a cheesy sauce of your child's choice.

I loved making this as it was quick and easy and no fuss. It also gave me 2 serves. If you make a bigger batch just freeze it in a muffin tin and once frozen place in a freezer bag.

Enjoy smile

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

Here is a simple and delicious recipe for spring rolls.

ingredients;
spring roll pastry
1/4 cabbage, cut up finely
2 zucchinis, grated
1-2 Cups cooked rice (i use brown rice)
1 tbs soy sauce

Mix up all ingredients (except pastry), until well combined. Cut pastry into squares and add filling. Roll into spring rolls. Place on greased oven trays and bake in oven about 180 degreese until browned.

Serve hot (or warm for littlies) and with sweet chilli sauce for mum & dad.

Seeing as I have told you all about this recipe, I thought now would be a good time to then tell you about my "vegetable pasties" recipe. I came up with this recipe whilst playing around with some leftover spring roll mixture.

Add to the above mixture; another grated zucchini, 1-2 grated potatoes (or sweet potatoes) about 1 cup of grated pumpkin, 1 grated carrot, 1 finely chopped onion, some peas, some corn, about 1 tbs dried mixed herbs, about 1/2 cup of bbq sauce, 1 large handful of grated cheese, 1 pkt french onion soup mix and whatever else you may have at the time which you think may make it taste yummy, mix it all together really well and this time get PUFF PASTRY, cut into quarters, place aprox 1-2 tbsp of mixture on a diaganol angle, fold up edges and seal. Brush combined 1 x egg white with 1 tbs water over pasties and place on greased oven trays. Bake at about 180 degreese for aprox 20 mins or so, or at least until browned.

Tastes delicious, serve with tomato sauce.

My sixteen month old LOVES both of these recipes, and so does her mummy & daddy!

Both freeze and re-heat really well.

Enjoy.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Coming from a big fishing family, i thought this would be appropriate!

Tamika's Fish Cakes!

2 med potatoes
1/4 of a cup of grated carrot and onion (the amount of onion to carrot mix is up to your own tastes)
1 Beaten egg
180gr tin of tuna in springwater, drained and broken up
30gr of grated tasty cheese
2 tablespoons plain flour

*Cook and mash potato
*Stir the grated onion and carrot into the hot potato
*Combine the egg, tuna, and cheese with potato mixture
*Cool in fridge for 30 mins, then shape into patties
*Dust with flower
*Cook slowly in a lightly greased non stick pan until golden on both sides

These patties can be frozen either before or after cooking, for a quick and easy dinner or snack. Great for kids and parents.

Enjoy,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

This banana cake recipe is lovely and moist, but most importantly contains no egg, milk or peanut so is great for kids with allergies. My 17 mth old is allergic, and she loves this cake.

Banana Cake

2 C Flour
¾ cup Brown sugar
1tsp Baking powder
1tsp Baking soda
1 ¾ C mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
½ cup oil
½ cup soy/rice milk

1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees

2.Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda

3.Mix banana and oil together

4.Add banana mixture to dry ingredients

5.Stir in sufficient rice/soy milk to create a just-moist mixture

6.Divide between 2 x 20cm cake tins or patty pans and bake for 20-25 mins

I put 1/2 the batter in a 20cm cake tin and the other half in patty pans to make cupcakes. Then i can freeze the cupcakes to use for morning teas at play group, kindy etc!

I ice it using milkfree margarine mixed with cocoa powder and icing sugar.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Congratulations to you Emma, your recipe for Banana Cake has been selected for this months <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Your Recipe of the Month</a> Competition. It will feature in our <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/f... ">Feeding Your Baby</a> section on the website and you will shortly receive your gift from Huggies.

Thankyou to everyone for participating in this month's competition, we look forward to some more fantastic entries in the future. All the Mums in the Huggies Team are especially grateful to you all for expanding our dinner and snack menus.

Cheers
Lauraine
In regards to the Banana Cake, those of you who are or have children that have a Gluten intolerance substituting Rice Flour for Plain Flour works just as well and still tastes yummy.

SMMB with 3

Sign in to follow this topic