Huggies Forum

Recipe of the Month - May 2006 Lock Rss

Post your recipe here to enter into the May Recipe of the Month competition.

Your recipe should be something that you have created or adapted to your own style over the weeks, months or years as a parent.

The winning recipe will feature in our <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/Feeding... Your Baby</a> section of the Huggies site and you will receive a gift from the Huggies team.

So get out your pots and pans and whip up a storm.

Good luck!
I found this a great meal to make when we first brought our newborn home as it is so easy to make.

Porcupine Meatballs

500grm of mince
1 onion
1 cup of water
1 can of tomato soup
1/2 cup of uncooked rice
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
pinch of dried mixed herbs - optional

1/ Peal and chop onion.
2/ Place onion, rice, mince, salt, pepper and herbs in a mixing bowl.
3/ Combine together well.
4/ Form into small balls and place into casserole dish with lid.
5/ Mix soup and water together.
6/ Pour soup over meatballs.
7/ Place lid on and bake in oven for 1 hour at 200 (or 180 fan forced).

Serve with steamed veggies or if pressed for time simply serve with crusty bread.

Super easy and ready in no time. Your partner could even do it as it is almost fail proof!

Kel, Tas, mother to Ryan 5 mnths

I think Apricot chicken is just about the easiest meal there is to make, here goes:

Apricot Chicken
(2 adults & 2 toddlers)

You will need:
1.5kg chicken drumsticks
Plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1 x 400gr can of Apricot Nectar
1 packet French Onion Soup Mix (supermarket brands are best, ie. Homebrand, Savings)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Coat chicken in seasoned flour mix and place in a large casserole dish
3. Combine Apricot nectar and soup mix in a jug and mix well.
4. Microwave nectar and soup mix for 2 minutes until slightly thickened
5. Pour over chicken and bake covered for 1 hour.
6. Serve with steamed rice and/or steamed vegetables.

So easy and very tasty and even the little ones love it!

Sam

QLD Mum of 5

Potato Cakes WITHOUT the deep frier

Ingredients:
1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup chedder cheese, finely grated (60g)

Method:
1. Steam potatoes until tender and place in a large bowl.
2. Mash potato well.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
4. Line 2 oven trays with non-stick baking paper.
5. Shape tablespoonfuls of mixture into round cakes and place on baking trays.
6. Bake in a very hot oven (200ºC - 210ºC) for 15 minutes or until brown.

They are cheap to make, you know that there are no preservatives in them and they are not deep fried!!!

Lydia, mum to beautiful april + girl due 16th sept

Cheesy baked beans and vegies

This recipe is easy to prepare, healthy and delicious.

1 can of baked beans
1/2 cup of grated cheese
300g pumpkin
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup brocolli peices

Boil pumpkin celery and brocolli until just soft and drain liquid. Add baked beans and cheese and mash to the consistancy that your baby prefers. Reheat then allow to cool to an appropriate tenperature for your baby.

This will make more than enough for one meal, so put the rest in containers or ice cube trays in the freezer for easy meals in the future.

Try adding other vegies, such as carrot, zucchini, green beans or sweet corn, to make it interesting and even more nutritious.

Enjoy!

proud mum of beautiful Isabella and soon to be bab

Spicy Chicken (doesn't have to be spicy)

Quick and very tasty.

Ingrdiants

2 packets of chicken breast
1 small tin of tomato soup( not black and Gold, to runny)
curry, Add to your liking
sugar

Serve with rice and Vegies

Cut chicken into smaller chunks, cook in fry pan till golden brown.

In sauce pan, put tin soup, 1 cup of suger, 2 Tablespoons of curry. Taste test, you can add more curry if you like it hot. If it is too hot for your liking add more sugar. Put on low heat to dissolve sugar,
Pour over chicken.

Nice on a bed of rice.

Sam Qld,

My fav PINWHEELS

My 4 year old loves to help cook and eat.
Great for parties

2 Sheets of puff pastry
Tomato paste
oregano (paste is better but can use herbs)
100g salami
1 cup of chees
milk to glaze

Method
pre heat oven 200c.
with a pastry brush or knife spread over puff pastry with tomato paste and oregano. sprinkle puff pastry with salami and cheese. Roll up like to form a log.
Glaze roll with milk and cut in 2 cm slices and lay slices flat on baking tray. Cook for 10, 15 min or till puffed and golden.

Sam Qld,

Serves 4

1 pound thick-sliced bacon diced
2 tablespoons Salt
1 pound Linguini
3 Eggs
1/3 cup Chopped Italian parsley
Grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh ground pepper to taste

1. Saute the bacon in a small skillet until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on a paper towel.
2. Boil the water and cook linguini until firm and tender.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs thoroughly in a large bowl suitable for serving. Have the cooked bacon and the chopped parsley ready at hand.
4. When the pasta is done, drain it immediately in a colander, and pour into the bowl of eggs and immediately begin tossing it. As the strands of pasta become coated with the beaten eggs, their heat will cook the eggs.
5. Sprinkle the bacon and parsley on, and serve immediately. This is great with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper

"My 2 1/2 year old little girl loves when i make this pasta"

Laura,VIC, 2yrs little girl

Hi ladies

This is a goodie if you want to drop those baby kgs, an it tastes great.

Warm chicken salad with basil an tomato pesto.
Serves two.

Ingredients:
2 skinless chicken breasts (with any fat removed)
1 cup of water
1 chicken stock cube
1 TBS basil pesto
1 TBS dijon mustard
1 Tsp minced garlic
2 TBS tomato sauce
Pinch of sugar, salt, cayene an mixed herbs
2 TBS fat free italian dressing
Parsley flakes.

Combine all ingredients. Cook in a casserole dish on 180 for an hour.
Serve on top of salad of your choice.
Suggestion: Red capsicum, snow peas, shredded carrot, salad onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mixed lettuce leaves.

Vic, Kianie 04-01-00 Jazz 10-10-05

hello people i found this recipe is great for bubs, i found it as a great for lunch for something diffrent, it makes 175ml

Peach Desert

1 ripe peach
25g fresh or frozen raspberries
15ml / 1tbls icing sugar
115g natural greek yogurt

1 halve the peach, discard the stone the peel than slice, place in a saucepan with raspberries and 1ml water.

2 cover and cook gently until soft

3 puree or mash, removing rasberry pips

4 after it has cooled add suger and yoghurt, spoon a little into bubs bowl than cover remaining to use within 24hrs.

tip
the finished dish is not suitable to freeze but the fruit mix you can freeze and just add yoghurt and sugar when ready to eat.

i hope you enjoy

My 8 month old boy is quite a hearty eater! This recipe seems to satisfy him and I enjoy it too!

Vege Macaroni.

1 carrot, diced
1 stalk of celery, diced
2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup macaroni

In a saucepan heat a small amount of oil, add carrot, celery and tomatoes and sautee for a few minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and let simmer until carrot is becoming soft. Add macaroni and remaining water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until macaroni is cooked. Add more water if needed. Keep leftovers in the fridge (makes enough for 2-3 feeds depending on how much your child is eating). To serve sprinkle with a little cheese or mix with ricotta.

Also makes a great pasta bake! Place mixture into a suitable dish, sprinkle with cheese and place under the grill.

chubbabub

Chicken and Veg Mix

Tonight I tried something while making our own tea. My 22 month daughter likes anything that has a tomato flavour to it, seems I can just about add sauce to anything and she will eat it! (should try brussel sprouts lol) Anyway, made this and she gobbled it right up!

1 Chicken breast fillet - small
1 potato
1 small carrot
1 stick celery
1 piece of sweet potato (about the size of a small potato)
1 piece pumpkin, butternut (same as above)
1 teaspoon chicken stock powser
2 teaspoons tomato paste

Dice chicken breast very finely, pop into a pot, add water and let simmer on stove. (when putting in water make it enough so it will just cover the vegies when put in)Chop all vegies to tiny little cubes. Skim off any 'fluff' from the top of the chicken broth. Add vegies and stock. Allow to boil till very soft and water is almost gone. Add tom paste, mix in well. keep on heat till most of the water has evaporated and mix is quite thick.
When you mix in the paste the vegies will break up a bit, making it a bit thicker.
You could add some pasta shapes if you wanted to extend the meal a bit.

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Sign in to follow this topic