Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Recipe of the Month - June 2006 Rss

We are looking for recipes that are "tried, tested and loved", but they will also have your personal touch added to them, a creative flair or a unique twist. Considering the recipe has to appeal to a baby or toddler we're not expecting beef fillet with capers and a red wine sauce, but it could be interesting and appealing.

To Enter, post your recipe here. You have until the end of May, then the Huggies Team will make their selection and if your recipe is chosen you will recieve a gift from Huggies and your recipe will feature in our <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/Feeding... Your Baby</a> section on the Huggies site.

So get your thinking caps on and start experimenting in the kitchen.

Regards,

The Huggies Team
Mini Pasta Bakes

Ingredients:

2 cups of pasta shells
1 tbs marg/butter
1 tbs plain flour
1 cup of warm full-cream milk
1 1/2 cups grated colby or cheddar cheese
1 tsp vegeta (vegetable stock)
1 tsp parsley
pinch of black pepper

Method:
*Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
*Boil pasta shells according to instructions. Drain.
*In a saucepan, melt butter, then add the flour and mix until thickened. Add the milk and stir non-stop for as long as it takes for the mixture to go creamy. Add 1/2 cup of cheese, parsley, vegeta and pepper and mix through. Add to the cooked pasta until it is coated.
*Separate in 2 muffin trays and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of each. Bake for 15 mins.

Makes 24 muffin sized pasta bakes.

Vaccines: Question what you're told...

Banana Rice Pudding

So quick and easy and a great way to use any leftover rice.

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked rice
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup dried fruit such as sultanas, raisins, dates, apricots (chop the larger fruits into toddler sized bits)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1-2 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls butter or margarine
1 ripe banana, roughly chopped

Method:

1. Place all ingredients into a medium saucepan.
2. Simmer on low for about 1/2 hour or until the milk has absorbed.

Makes about 4-5 toddler serves.

Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days. When reheating, just add a dash of milk to get the right consistency and place in the microwave for about 30 seconds. (Make sure you stir well to aviod heat spots).

Can be made with soy milk to suit those with allergies.

This is a quick and easy recipe to satisfy those hungry toddler tummies. I serve this to my toddler as a midday snack and the family loves this as a dessert.

Jo, mum of Kalen 3 years and Lachlan 5 months

As a full time working mother, I find this one really easy to whip up during the week. Only takes about 20 minutes to cook, and about another 10 minutes in the oven, and my daughter and husband absolutely love it:

Tomoto Macaronni and Cheese

Ingredients:
2 cups of Macaronni
Grated cheese
1 Can Tomato Soup
1/2 can of milk
2 tblsp of flour
1 tblsp of butter
1 onion diced

1. Put a pot of water on to boil. Once boiling add the macaronni and cook until tender.
2. Put butter in a pan and heat. Add the onion and saute.
3. When the onions are cooked add the flour and mix.
4. Add the can of tomato soup and mix.
5. Pour enough milk into the empty soup can to fill it about 1/2 way. Empty this into the pan and mix.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and add about a handful of grated cheese and let it melt into the mixture.
7. Add the cooked macaronni and combine it all together.
8. Pour everything into an oven dish. Sprinkle with more grated cheese and place it into a moderate oven to let the cheese melt and become golden brown.

Remove and serve!!

It's also good straight from the stove top. We all love it in our family so much that it never quite makes it to the oven.
Chicken Fingers and Chips

1 chicken breast
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs (season with any spices you like that you child will eat!)
1/4 cup of parmesean cheese
canola spray oil
1-2 potatoes cut into chips

Place chips onto no stick tray and spray with some canola oil
Bake for 30-35 min at 190 degrees

Slice chicken into finger sized strips (or chunks if you want to make nuggets)
Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a shallow dish.
Dip chicken into eggs then cover with breadcrumb mixture.
Arrange fingers in a not stick tray.
Spray the top with some oil (for crunch).
Bake for 20-25 min at about 190 degrees

Serve with lots of sauce!

Hi my name is Patricia and both my 2 year old and 6 month old babies love this meal and we hope u do to.

Lamb and Vegi puree

2 lamb chops cut away the fat and dice but keep the bones

1 small red onion diced

1 Fresh tomato

1/2 sachet of tomato paste

1 carrot peeled and diced

1 Zucchini peeled and diced

1 bay leaf

2 table spoons of olive oil

1 small squash diced

6 green beans peel the sides to take the stringy bits away

3 large white wash potato's peeled and cut into quaters

Method

In a medium saucepan on medium heat pour in the oil and add the onion and fry until tender then add the bay leaf, lamb diced with the bones as well to give it flavour keep cooking until the meat is brown.

Then add the tomato, 1/2 the sachet of tomato paste,, carrot, beans, zucchini, squash very quickly
mix together add the potatos and add enough water to cover to potato's bring to the boil on high then turn it down to about medium and simmer for about 1/2 an hour.

Then set aside and remove the bay leaf and all the bones ( make sure that they are all removed ) place in the blender until it becomes a puree and salt to taste then feed it to baby.

You can do the same with beef

I was over at my mothers house on sunday and she cooked me and my daughter a japanese pancake, with a bit of hoisin sauce. It was so yum and I asked her for the recipe. My daughter loved it to and seeing that it is packed with any vegies you have handy it was great for her!!!

All you need is:

Whatever vegies you have handy. We had potatoe, peas, capsicum, brocolli and i think carrot.
My mum put the vegies in the microwave first just to get them going.
Then we added the vegies to a batter of cornflour and water. You can also use chickpea flour but it gives the pancake a thicker texture.

Give it a mix and cook them like normal pancakes on the stove top.

We had them with a smear of hoisin sauce but you can add whatever you want or have no sauce.

Enjoy!!!

Lydia, mum to beautiful april + girl due 16th sept

SULTANA CARAMEL PUDDING

SAUCE
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups water
60g butter

PUDDING
60g butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon self- raising flour
1/2 cup sultanas

sauce
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. bring gently to ther boil, boil steadily for 5 min

pudding
cream butter and sugar, add egg and vanilla. beat well. sift flour. Stir into creamed mix with sultanas. Pour sauce into greased casserole dish. spoo pudding mix on top. bake 180-m 200c for app 35 min

jeanelle

Finger Paint

Hope this hasn't been done before.....it is very easy and makes for a fun and messy but easy to clean up after afternoon!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup corn flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups of cold water
Food colouring

Directions:

In a medium saucepan, mix all the ingredients together to make the paint except the food colouring. Cook over low heat 10 to 15 mins. Keep stiring the mixture untill it is smooth and thick. After the mixture has thickened allow to cool.

After cooling divide the paint into storage containers depending on how many colours you would like. Add a few drops of food colouring to each container and mix in well.
Cover tightly to store.

Kim - Zachary and Elijah''s Mum 16/12/04 & 27/07/0

i small cup of Rice Long grain
1 small cup of lentils
1 small carrot
few beans
1 small tomato
mix all the ing into a pot on put on fire and cook well . Check the food and mash according to the baby's age .Yummy Yummy Yum.
I make this for my baby who is 12months old and she loves it.

perth

Breakfast cereal with a twist
weet bix
Infant formala
choco mousee(heinz)
Mix all ingre in a bowl and viola baby finishes all her breaky all day everyday
well it does work for me My baby is 12 months old

perth

This is new twist on an old favourite. Due to the expense of babana's, I decided to use pear and zucchini because they are inexpensive and in season.

This is a great sweet treat for older babies and other members of the family. It is wonderful for hiding extra vegies into food to maximise nutrients for you children.

Even though the zucchini sounds horrible it makes the bread really moist.

serves 12

Ingredients:

11/4 cup self raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
20g butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup orange juice
1 pear, peeled and grated
1 small zucchini, pealed and grated

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180. Grease 14cmx21cm loaf pan.

2. Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl, rub in butter.

3. Stir in sugar, coconut, egg, milk, orange juice, pear and zucchini. Do not overbeat mix, the batter should be lumpy.

4. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand bread 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.

Tip
To serve, toast bread and top with cream cheese.

Store in an air tight container for 3 days

A healthy treat for school lunches

Corrine,NSW, 7mth baby

Sign in to follow this topic