Huggies Forum

Craft ideas for playgroup Rss

The weather is getting colder and each week it seems to be raining so we are having to spend most of the time inside.
I'm after some craft ideas. Throw all you've got at me because they will be used. smile The ages range from 1 - 5.
Thanks
honestly, anything will be good lol, whatever i set up for my boys they enjoy. here are a few ideas

paper plate faces
making finger puppets
collage (cut up old newpaper, mags)
making cards

for the older one you could get those activity books, you know, the ones that have mazes, colouring in,word puzzles etc.

i hate this bloody rain, if all eles fail put on the music and DANCE smile

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/

http://www.first-school.ws/theme/crafts.htm

http://www.kidspot.com.au/School-Play-Kids-crafts+1640+37+article.htm

These are thanks to google. There are many many more websites out there!

The weather is getting colder and each week it seems to be raining so we are having to spend most of the time inside.
I'm after some craft ideas. Throw all you've got at me because they will be used. smile The ages range from 1 - 5.
Thanks

Not a craft as such but keeps them busy... playdough smile You can make your own, the recipe is on the container for cream of tartar (in the cooking aisle).

Or pasta necklaces, dye big bits of pasta in different colours, piece of string and away they go. Good for eye hand coordination and they love the different colours and making their own necklace.

Colouring - textas and papers, easy smile Outline their hands, cut them out and stick them on a coloured bit of card. Nice keepsake for mum and dad as well.

Anything that involves glue and glitter - we do seasonal craft so now would be a good time to make a sparkly snowflake.
we just did some crafts with paper plates and bowls

1. paper plate, streamer and macaroni
get one paper plate, let child decorate bottom, fold in half, put macaroni on inside, tape streamers to one of the inside sides and staple together, making a cool shaker.

2. two paper bowls, cellophane, print outs of fish
cut a hole in one paper bowl
tape blue cellophane to the inside
on other bowl stick colored fish to inside make some stick out more then others or overlap.
staple both bowls together, inside facing inside
you have our own fishbowl/ aquarium
Hey there, I've been running a craft oriented playgoup (birth to age5) for three years now and I've started keeping the crafts up on my website. The ones that have made it to the site are the more successful ones. Today we made polystyrene bugs: golf ball sized polystyrene balls, pipe cleaners cut into four- stick as many legs as they want on. Then paint. OPtional glitter and googlie eyes. It was a huge hit.
In the mean time, bookmark my free crafts page and have at it. we have a miniscule budget and use a lot of recycled materials and buy paint etc in bulk from Every Educaid once every two years.
Feel free to email and ask questions if you want.

just had a quick browse threw you're site, im always looking for new ideas as the kids really love making things, and i like to find crafts that the girls can do that also follow on with what they are learning during the week, so thanks for posting that, I was interested in opening a crafts play group, but the cost here is far too much for me sad. i am on the waiting list for 3 play-groups and have been since january, it's great that they are so popular i wish we had more so i could take the girls along on more then just the open days. there are waiting lists for everything i want to do grrrrr
Sign in to follow this topic