Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Hi! Lock Rss

Hi there,

well this is my first, recently married in march and now looking to have a baby asap hehe,hopefully this forum fills the void of not really needing to go to the wedding forums anymore!

Hubby and I have been together four years and this will be our first child, i'm so excited and a little terrified!

so be prepared you'll see lots of silly questions from me, i say and type the first thing that comes to my mind all the time!

heres my first silly question, am i crazy to want to start buying stuff now? you hear people say all the time wait for the 12 weeks (or at least until you are pregnant!) but i like to be organised and i know that money wont be as free flowing a bit later on, so there is a method in my madness!
hey,

i started eyeing up baby stuff befor we were even trying to concieve. i was buying baby stuff as soon as i found out i was pregnant at just 5 weeks. now, half way through and have most of the stuff i need. just a couple things to go now haha.

Buying stuff is all part of the fun of pregnancy.

I was told not to tell people i was pregnant until 12 weeks, just because of the 'what if baby doesn't make it to 12 weeks', but don't listen. do what you want to do.

pregnancies far too exciting not to tell people and buy all the baby stuff you can.

Deanne

Hi there,

well this is my first, recently married in march and now looking to have a baby asap hehe,hopefully this forum fills the void of not really needing to go to the wedding forums anymore!

Hubby and I have been together four years and this will be our first child, i'm so excited and a little terrified!

so be prepared you'll see lots of silly questions from me, i say and type the first thing that comes to my mind all the time!

heres my first silly question, am i crazy to want to start buying stuff now? you hear people say all the time wait for the 12 weeks (or at least until you are pregnant!) but i like to be organised and i know that money wont be as free flowing a bit later on, so there is a method in my madness!

Hey!

Bring on the silly questions. Cause no doubt I'll be asking the same silly ones hehe.

Im sort of in the same boat as you, my partner and I have been together for 3yrs and now were 6wks pregnant with our first! We are both very excited.

I dont think buying little bits and peices before your pregnant is a bad thing. Ive always said id wait until ive passed the first 12 weeks but im absolutely dying to buy baby stuff!
But dont forget family are really supportive and will no doubt buy heaps of stuff for your future bub.

Good luck with the baby making! xx

Hi and welcome! grin
People will tell you all kinds of 'must do this' 'must not do that' from the moment you start TTC, all the way through your pregnancy and into motherhood. My advice is to take it all with a grain of salt and do whatever is going to make you happy! smile
Cheers,
Emma

Sign in to follow this topic