Huggies Forum

Pandora Bracelets Lock Rss

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I am thinking about getting my daughter - 4 - a pandora bracelet for Christmas as her 'special' present.

I have a bracelet and she loves looking at it and pointing out all the charms on it and saying why I have them etc

Have you or anyone you know purchased one for their child? I have measured her wrist and its 14cm - the smallest bracelet they have is 16cms. Im fairly sure I have a 19/20cm one but as it was a gift i am only assuming..

I realise it is not a cheap product to buy for a 4 year old but i thought it is something she could grow with, adding a special charm every birthday etc..

I own one, my mother and mother in law has one as well as her aunty so all the girls close to her have one...

Im not interested in the other brands of bracelet as I really like the quality and design of the Pandora one.

Many Thanks

(How gorgeous is today btw - On the Gold Coast - gorgeous coastal breeze - loving that its my day at home, soooo relaxing)

Madison Jade 28.08.06 & Kobyn James 20.06.08

I think that is a lovely idea.

Spend the money, she will have it forever and like you say it's good quality.

I have a charm bracelet that belonged to a friend who passed away when she was 13 in 1990, so it's now about 30 years old! Friends and family have added charms to it for me over the last 10 years or so. I wear it everyday.

It has so much meaning and it's really special.

I say go for it! It sounds like a family tradition for you too
Thank you smile

Yeh, i like the idea (& it seems so does Madison) that each charm has some meaning behind it - I can recall the reason why and where I was/what was happening when i get every single one of my charms smile

I just wont get her any of the dangley ones - Ive had 3 so far, all of the hanging bits fell off and I lost them sad

Soon Im going to not have any room on my bracelet - thats when I'll get a 2nd one lol...

My mum came up with a fairly relivant point tho - if i get the bracelet now, she will out grow it and will need to buy a bigger bracelet in time - They are $80 so thats not such a cheap thing when u need to potentionally replace it when she grows but i also dont wanna buy it too big and have her wait 10 yrs to wear it lol... OH dear!!!

Madison Jade 28.08.06 & Kobyn James 20.06.08

My brother bought my little girl one for her first birthday!! When it no longer fits her she will be able to keep it as something special from her uncle.
Just like i was given for my 16th birthday, she will then be given a charm bracelette, that she can have forever and add relevent charms to.!
I gave my 4 month old DD one on the weekend for her christening.
The brand of it is My Little Angel. We got ot at the local jewellers. It has a bead with a loop on it that you can do the clasp up to to make it smaller and the end of the chain just dangles. I got these lovely little silver square charms with pink letters on them that spell out her name but they had lots of other different types of beads. the bracelette was $39.95! I love it!

DD-7, DS1-4, DS2-2 & EDD 21/05/10

We got DD one for her 1st Birthday as we wanted something sentimental rather than spend the amount on a toy that she would quickly grow out of.

The jeweller actually made it to size 15cm. We have a friend who is 5 and DD's fits her so we shouldn't need to get her a bigger one until then.

DD loves it has never put it near her mouth and it also taught her the colours.

All the family bought her a charm for it as they are overseas and DD knows who each of them are off.

Charms are a beautiful and affordable gift for friends and family to buy.

You can see hers in the pic below:

That is a wonderful idea, I was thinking of doing the same thing, but as a gift from the tooth fairy, so she'd get the bracelet with a charm when she looses her first tooth and then another each time she looses another, I know its an exspensive idea, but I want it to be really special for her and reather than put a money value on it, it will be a 'charm value'. Maybe she can pass it on to her own child one day. If you buy the smaller chain, your daughter can maybe keep that for her child one day, to strat her off and keep her charms, but buy new ones that may have meaning for her :oD
I love this idea, I would do it if I had a daughter (don't reckon my sons would appreciate it so much tongue )
Just a thought but you could just get a pandora necklace and not worry about the fit. I wear mine as a necklace or wrapped around my wrist.
I think it's a lovely idea smile Our DD1 has one, I have 2 now & DD loves mine & we will get DD2 one also. Her Grandmother buys her charms for her Birthday, Easter & Christmas. She can't wear it just yet but I'm sure she will love hers just as much as I do mine.

That is a wonderful idea, I was thinking of doing the same thing, but as a gift from the tooth fairy, so she'd get the bracelet with a charm when she looses her first tooth and then another each time she looses another, I know its an exspensive idea, but I want it to be really special for her and reather than put a money value on it, it will be a 'charm value'. Maybe she can pass it on to her own child one day. If you buy the smaller chain, your daughter can maybe keep that for her child one day, to strat her off and keep her charms, but buy new ones that may have meaning for her :oD

Hi
I think that is a great idea with charms from the tooth fairy. It would be a lovely keepsake.
we got our daughter one when she was born. She couldn't start wearing it until she was 2 but she loves it and the charms have sentimental meaning. An E and a pram for her birth, a little elephant for her 1st birthday as she is nicknamed Ellie and a little girl for her 2nd birthday.
She knows it is her special bracelet like mummies one. (I have a weight loss one for each 5 kgs I lost, currently on hold while pregnant of course)
I think it is a lovely idea and yes although you get the smaller one and she will grow out of it she will get a few years wear out of it before then. You can then pop it away until she is older and give it to her, or we have decided to keep the smaller bracelet for that same reason but move the charms over to the new bigger bracelet.

Sign in to follow this topic