Huggies Forum

Christmas Tree Lock Rss

Ok so in the past i have been a bit of a baa-humbug in regards to Christmas as i have always worked the day.

So last year DD was still too young so we just put up outdoor and indoor lights and this annoying little singing tree.

So this year i am really excited and can't wait to put up the tree. DD and i went decoration shopping yesterday to go with our 2 metre white tree and am looking forward to putting it up.

When do you put up yours??

Ok so in the past i have been a bit of a baa-humbug in regards to Christmas as i have always worked the day.

So last year DD was still too young so we just put up outdoor and indoor lights and this annoying little singing tree.

So this year i am really excited and can't wait to put up the tree. DD and i went decoration shopping yesterday to go with our 2 metre white tree and am looking forward to putting it up.

When do you put up yours??

tradition it always goes up on 1st dec down on 1st January both my son & i put it up together & takes it down together
we put ours up on the 1st of dec my mirst ever mxmas as a parent i had it up in nov lol i was sooo excited i couldnt contain myself...one year i put it down on xmas night when the kids were in bed as the damn kitten kept jumping all through the branches and it had driven me insane all december, this year after i have finished paying of the xmas laybys im hoping to be able to get a new tree a black one with silver white and red decos =) and we are putting up outdoor lights as we bought some last year but i was too pregs to get up onto the roof...

white trees are beautiful the tree in my childhoood was white mum decorated it in pink purple and silver and she had these massive baubles the size of a small basketball with our names on them =)
Hi,
We put ours up just a couple of days before Christmas...I figure leaving till late lessens the chance that one of the kids will pull the whole shebang down on themselves. It comes down early January, when we're sick enough of it to bother dismantling it.

I AM so excited about Christmas this year, I literally cannot wait!

Fiona.
we put it up on the first of december and I pull it down on the 30th december so we can start the year fresh.
I love CHristmas.... 59 days to go!!!!! My Father and I who is no longer with us always had a tradition of putting up the tree on the 1st November - yes I know very early and we would like things together and continue to decorate the house, - patchwork rugs, raindeer out of tree branches etc. It was our special time together to bond - he was terminal for three years.

Now I have continued the tradition with my DS and we talk about Poppy who he never met and honnor his memory.

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dh24m7.png

tradition it always goes up on 1st dec down on 1st January both my son & i put it up together & takes it down together

That's cute, i think that is what i am looking forward to the most is DD helping to decorate it. Not sure how we'll go decorating a birthday cake last week was enough to out me off she's like a bull in a China shop gasp but we'll see. Think you might have to leave yours up a bit longer this year Jude with your new addition!!!
We put ours up on December 1st every year..except this year we are moving house mid-December so I will wait until we are in the new house..the wait will kill me, I LOVE Christmas!

We put ours up on December 1st every year..except this year we are moving house mid-December so I will wait until we are in the new house..the wait will kill me, I LOVE Christmas!

I love CHristmas.... 59 days to go!!!!! My Father and I who is no longer with us always had a tradition of putting up the tree on the 1st November - yes I know very early and we would like things together and continue to decorate the house, - patchwork rugs, raindeer out of tree branches etc. It was our special time together to bond - he was terminal for three years.

Now I have continued the tradition with my DS and we talk about Poppy who he never met and honnor his memory.

Sorry to hear about your Father. You have carried on a very special memory with your DS. Your father will be proud and watching you both making sure you put things in the right place i'm sure.
I wish DH would let me put ours up on the 1st November,i don't think i can wait until the 1st December.
1st if Dec and pull it down the 1st if Jan

When we were kids we use to put the tree up on mums bday which 16th Nov, now as a grown up i still do it its just tradition.
Sign in to follow this topic