Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Christmas Chat
  5. Started Xmas shopping already!!!

Started Xmas shopping already!!! Rss

OMG, I've officially started my christmas shopping for 2011 already! Yes i know, I can hear a lot of you groaning, but I just can't resist buying bargains when I see them lol. Bought some tshirts for my niece from Pumpkin Patch that were heavily reduced, and then had an extra 20% off them. Gotta love a bargain! Sometimes I hate being so organised and wish I could do one massive shop for all pressies close to Xmas, but alas I never make it.

Am I the only one who has started already?
You're not alone. I usually have one of those clear plastic storage containers to put little bargains in throughout the year. I'm sick of people telling me "we're not doing xmas this year", and then we get caught out. I only buy it if it's actually a genuine bargain, and if it's actually something I know someone in particular will like/need and they're not likely to get that thing before I have the chance to give it to them.
At the start of every year I try to think of the sorts of things that each person we buy for (there's not many, we'd be lucky to spend $500 a year on pressies) would like, and then just keep an eye out. I've finished March birthday shopping (my dad and my ex), got no one in April, so will start thinking about May now (my mum, my DS1, DF's dad, May is hard work!)
I like shopping too much. There has to be rules....

OMG, I've officially started my christmas shopping for 2011 already! Yes i know, I can hear a lot of you groaning, but I just can't resist buying bargains when I see them lol. Bought some tshirts for my niece from Pumpkin Patch that were heavily reduced, and then had an extra 20% off them. Gotta love a bargain! Sometimes I hate being so organised and wish I could do one massive shop for all pressies close to Xmas, but alas I never make it.

Nope! You're not the only one...

I always start early. DD's birthday (november) & chritmas pezzies are in the cupboard, there are also a couple of board games up there for DS1 & DS2. I also have 2 lay-bys on that will be for christmas and I pretty much know what extras I need to get for the 3 boys, i'm expecting most of it to be in the mid year toy sale i'll lay by it all then till christmas eve.
Not yet but will be starting very soon, as soon as the June/July toy sales start i put on a layby for christmas pressies for both the kids for chrissy & for mase's birthday presents (november) and i also buy a few presents for DD for her birthday in June from the toy sale too
I am normally half done by now, but I only have a couple stocking fillers lol. I will def be doing toy sales, I have 2 kids and they both have birthdays in December and hubbys bday is early Jan so planning waaayyyyy ahead is crucial for me hahaha.
On a good note though, I have had a couple relatives tell me that they want to drop the extended family presents, so they don't ewant us to buy either, so if they stick woith that, it saves us buying 6 or more prezzies (don't know wetther I should have back up prezzies though haha)
I love picking up bargains here and there throughout the year, I have had my eye on a few bits and pieces, so I'm hoping they are still ther in the next week or two, more stocking fillers, but thats usually where I struggle at the end of the year.
My DD is 7 this year and has soooooooo outgrown dolls and princesses and has loads of DS and Playstaion games (we don't want WII just yet), so any suggestions would be fantasic please gasp)
DS will be 3 and is OBSESSED with cars and trains (what male isn't lol) so he will hopefully be easy to satify.

NO, you are not the only one, I pretty much start with the xmas sales, after xmas, find this is the best time to buy jewellery for the females in our families. This year we are only do secret santa for the adults on my husbands side. I have already given everyone who they are shopping for ready for the next lot of sales, we have also put a price range on it. My little one has birthday beginning of dec same as my husband, what were we thinking? At least it is all over, but I have to admit there are some good buys out there. I have also gone looking on internet & overseas.
Not at all! We have basically finished our Christmas shopping for this year. We have a lot of nieces and nephews that live interstate and either have to plan to post them, or give them to family members when we see them! Plus we are having another bub soon, so we know that we won't get a chance to visit them again this year. We have sorted all pressies for the kids Christmas's and Birthdays. We also don't have a lot of spare income this year, as I have been a SAHM so when we see a bargain we have to grab it!! So we have our DD's and our new bubs pressies already too!

I personally think it makes December a lot more managable when you aren't rushing around everyone else looking for christmas gifts!
No Christmas shopping for me yet which is unfortunate, gonna be a last minute rush this year I think sad Last year I was finished with the kids' presents in July but was still buying presents for my family until fairly close to the day.
I have just started last week. I'm determined to be organised this year. I only bought a couple of torches that were on sale but its a start lol I cant wait for the toy sales this year smile
lol no your not the only one i started couple months ago just getting things off ebay & putting it away hey im usally done by sep! than everyone is just starting xmas thinking
Sign in to follow this topic