Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Christmas Chat
  5. How does your child feel about Santa Claus?

How does your child feel about Santa Claus? Lock Rss

Our DS 4 last year didn't like the idea of a strange man coming down our chimney or through our front door in the middle of the night. So we didn't force the issue. All santa photos have Dh, myself DS and DD in them. I don't acutally think we got one last year due to the uncertainity from DS. So we jsut did a photo of us in front of the tree.

This year DS has said he doesn't mind Santa, but we aren't pushing the issue and he is keen for a Santa photo, but we will see what happens.
We have also been telling the story of St Nicholas as well to make Santa not be too scary a figure for him.

So what does your child think about the big man in red?
my DD who is 3...LOVES santa...the prospect of someone giving her presents is awesome to her!!

We had DH's work's xmas party today, and Santa came and gave all the kids a present...my DD was soooooooo excited and she waited so patiently to have a chat with Santa, and when it was her turn, not scared at all, she got her pressie and then asked him nicely for a Dora Castle and let him know that she has been a good girl and has stopped sucking her thumb now!!

We definately have one HUGE santa lover here smile

When DD1 was little she was a little afraid. We started visiting Santa everytime we were at the shops from when he first arrived (occassionaly we would slip him a lollipop or something to give her to sweeten the deal).

By doing this we've always got a happy, smiling Santa photo by Christmas.

Now she's fine but DD2 is scared. Took us till week before Christmas to get photo done last year. Have visited once this year and looks like its gunna be slow again this year, hopefully once she sees DD1 with him she'll be ok.

DS is still too little to care.

Kids have never cared about Santa visiting in the night or anything. Santa could leave pressies outside if kids are more comfortable with that. A kid I babysat was totally freaked out by Santa sneaking around the house while she was asleep roll eyes Cant remember how they dealt with it
I'm not sure how photos will go this year. I didn't take ds last year because he was at that age I knew it would be a drama. But this year he asks about him when we go to the mall etc and I wonder if he would be ok (who knows he could change in an instant).

But its actually me with the problem. No matter how caught up I get in the excitement of Xmas I always have this feeling at the back of my mind that its all just so strange. I feel off about encouraging my children to sit on a strange mans knee who u can't even see his face. I try to push it aside and ignore it but it bugs me. The Santa at our westfield does look like a lovely old man so I hope we go on a day he's there. Last time Santa changed shift while we were waiting and we ended up with some young fat guy didn't look like Santa should look lol

Think I might do as others have said and hop in the photo myself if need be, would hate to force them if they're scared
I think the fact that we have no santa pics at all and my eldest is 4 says it all!! though they do like the presents idea!
Not sure how DS will go with Santa. The small shops up from us will have Santa there for a few days next month so I am thinking of taking DS up there so he can see Santa but we won't get too close. With our Santa photo I kind of like the idea of having DP and myself in the photo as well.

SIL's youngest (3yrs) is scared of Santa and always has been. In fact he is just scared of anyone with a beard
To the parents who have older kids say around 10..do they believe in santa still?? huh
DS1 (4) LOVES him he always has, always says hello, shakes his hand etc. DS2 (2.5) will happily wave from afar lol. He loves him but wont go near him.
There is an ongoing fight in my house between DD1 (13) and DD2(3) over who is coolest-Justin Beiber or Santa. I am siding with DD2. No one tops the man in the red suit.

We saw Santa at a festival a few weeks ago and I am pretty sure it was the real one. Twinkling blue eyes, chubby cheeks, everything you expect. DD2 latched onto him and wouldn't let go. She carries a photo of them hugging around the house and is insisting he stays for Christmas lunch lol!
Ofcourse kids are scared of him, he is a big fat man in a crazy red suit with a big beard!
My daughter is 3 and yes she believes in Santa.. We love Santa and Christmas! I can not wait to see Santa and tell him what she wants for Christmas. Now, she tends to get shy about it does not happen as if to say .... lol. I loved Santa as a child and never felt bad when I realized it was not real...

Dollhouse furniture

I'm not sure how photos will go this year. I didn't take ds last year because he was at that age I knew it would be a drama. But this year he asks about him when we go to the mall etc and I wonder if he would be ok (who knows he could change in an instant).

But its actually me with the problem. No matter how caught up I get in the excitement of Xmas I always have this feeling at the back of my mind that its all just so strange. I feel off about encouraging my children to sit on a strange mans knee who u can't even see his face. I try to push it aside and ignore it but it bugs me. The Santa at our westfield does look like a lovely old man so I hope we go on a day he's there. Last time Santa changed shift while we were waiting and we ended up with some young fat guy didn't look like Santa should look lol

Think I might do as others have said and hop in the photo myself if need be, would hate to force them if they're scared

Dont worry your not alone! I feel weird about the whole santa thing myself. Seems a little strange the whole tradition of him. I like christmas and spending time with family and having a nice meal but the santa part erks me a little. The biggest erk with him is that he is taking the credit for DH and my gifts! I know its silly but thats how i feel grin haha

Sign in to follow this topic