Huggies Forum

dd's christmas party Lock Rss

DD has her christmas party tomorrow for childcare and each family is to take a plate of food just need a couple of ideas of what i can take. TIA.
I have made chocolate biscuite "puddings" before, they are really cute and the kids love them. Get the Choc Royal biscuits with the marshmallow inside, melt some white choc melts and spoon some over the top of the biccie so it looks like the "custard". Cut a spearmint leaf in half through the middle, but not all the way, and stick a Jaffa into the middle so it looks like a Holly leaf. Stick the "Holly leaf" onto the white choc before it melts. That's it! Really cute smile
Oh, another one which is even easier...

Get Marie or Milk Arrowroots. Make up a basic icing with icing sugar and water - leave it white. Spread it over the biscuit and use a Jaffa and two spearmint leaf lollies to make "Holly".
Hi smile
What about making some mini sausage rolls. If you buy sausage meat you can add some grated carrot and then mix altogether. Then just put it in puff pastry.
You could also make some mini christmas cakes. Make chocolate or vanilla cupcakes and then ice and decorate so they look chrismassy(sp).
Hope the party is lots of fun for your dd and the other little ones smile
pikelets - I make mine with a tub of fruit puree in it & you don't have to add sugar
fruit sticks - if you use skewers just cut off the point end once you've 'stabbed' the fruit
cut up fruit in cool shapes such as stars, etc

DD has her christmas party tomorrow for childcare and each family is to take a plate of food just need a couple of ideas of what i can take. TIA.

I have my dd's daycare xmas party this weekend, we are going to make mini apple and cinnamon muffins.
one thing i have learnt about these things is that majority takes sweet, so I'd go savoury.
One of my favourites is to make smoked salmon toast bites. You just have to buy those little mini toasts you get from any supermarket. Mix cream cheese with fresh dill. Spread the cream cheese mix on the toast. Add a slice of smoked salmon. Top with a caper and dill sprig.So easy.Looks great and taste delicous.
Another alternative is goats cheese, cherry tomato (or sundried tomato) and a fresh basil leaf.

The toppings are endless really...whatever takes your fancy.

Another one of my favourite finger foods is deviled eggs. Yeah it's very 1990 but still one of my faves.

Boil eggs, cut in half. Scoop out yolk. Mix the cooked yolk with whatever you like. I usually mix it with chopped up pickles, finely diced onion,mayo, dijon mustard, salt, pepper. Some people like to add curry.
Yummo.

I love making finger food...my favourite thing to make/cook : )

one thing i have learnt about these things is that majority takes sweet, so I'd go savoury.
One of my favourites is to make smoked salmon toast bites. You just have to buy those little mini toasts you get from any supermarket. Mix cream cheese with fresh dill. Spread the cream cheese mix on the toast. Add a slice of smoked salmon. Top with a caper and dill sprig.So easy.Looks great and taste delicous.
Another alternative is goats cheese, cherry tomato (or sundried tomato) and a fresh basil leaf.

The toppings are endless really...whatever takes your fancy.

Another one of my favourite finger foods is deviled eggs. Yeah it's very 1990 but still one of my faves.

Boil eggs, cut in half. Scoop out yolk. Mix the cooked yolk with whatever you like. I usually mix it with chopped up pickles, finely diced onion,mayo, dijon mustard, salt, pepper. Some people like to add curry.
Yummo.

I love making finger food...my favourite thing to make/cook : )

those things sound yummy but fairy bread might be better for day care aged kids lol

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

DD5 has her school one tomorrow then daycare for ds3 on wednesday we are making

Watermelon cut out with star and christmas tree cookie cutters for both

Ds has to take savory as do everyone but the kindy class and we are doing cheese and bacon muffins

Dd i am not sure atm but better hurry up and decide its tomorrow maybe anzac cookies

pikelets - I make mine with a tub of fruit puree in it & you don't have to add sugar

I usually make pikelets too, make them mini size especially for younger kids. I leave some plain, some with butter, and some with jam.

Or plain popcorn for something easy and savoury.
(ETA sorry not sure what age group she is - sorry if the kids are too little for this!!)

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Sign in to follow this topic