Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Christmas Chat
  5. What age and how did you find out

What age and how did you find out Rss

I think I was about 5ish. My friend 'informed' me lol. I had always suspected. My parents didn't push the santa thing, but of course it was pushed upon me at school. And I thought Santa was a bit rude giving all the already spoilt kids loads of presents and all us derro kids bugger all roll eyes laugh laugh
i dont remember lol i do wonder though
I think i was 8 or 9 and my older cousin who is about 10 years older than me told me.

My Nanna sent me outside to look for a present she said was from santa and my cousin came to keep an eye on me and that when she told me. I went inside and ask my nanna and my parents and they tried to say no that my cousin was doing it to upset me but they can't lie and i knew from then.

Mum said i cried alot and she was angry with my cousin for the whole time we were there.
Mum wanted me to enjoy it for another year,.

About 5. I woke up and saw mum put out a cabbage patch doll. Read the card in the morning and it said from Santa. Was crushed. I didn't tell my parents as they got a real kick out of it and didn't want to upset them.
i remember a cousin telling me every year that only babies believed in santa, every year i would ask mum and she told me my cousin was lying because he was a "horrible boy" lol and then one day mum just said that Yep, Santa wasnt real but doesnt he make xmas feel special? I dont think i was ever upset about it.
I was about 6, i had gone through mums wardrob looking at pressies she had brought us, and i saw a magic nursey doll. i asked mum if it was for me and she said no it was for my cousin. that year santa brought the bloody doll....i knew after that but said nothing as i still wanted the pressies haha

i wasn't sad, i just sorta thought...well figures why the rich kids get awesome pressies and i get just one

I am 27 and my older sister is 29 and my Mum still says that Santa is real. Obviously we know the truth but, Mum says that if we do not believe in Santa then we will not get any presents. We still put our Santa Sax and food out for Santa on Christmas eve when we are home. There is always reindeer foot prints on the ground in the morning and Santa has always written us a note. I know it is probably silly but it is fun and we all love it. I will try and keep it going as long as possible for my son.

I am 27 and my older sister is 29 and my Mum still says that Santa is real. Obviously we know the truth but, Mum says that if we do not believe in Santa then we will not get any presents. We still put our Santa Sax and food out for Santa on Christmas eve when we are home. There is always reindeer foot prints on the ground in the morning and Santa has always written us a note. I know it is probably silly but it is fun and we all love it. I will try and keep it going as long as possible for my son.

Love it smile
i was about 8 kids at school were all debating about how he's real and he's not, after that and maybe another year i noticed by then when our cookies and milk were gone and carrots for the reindeers were aswell with a note from santa which was pretty cool i might say smile but i knew my grandfathers handwriting haha, thats when i knew he wasnt real i still though didnt stop believing him and till this day i havent it keeps the spirit alive smile and makes me think back to how excited we all were when they'd pretend they could see him in the sky smile
and i guess i wont stop beleiving till the day i die. christmas and easter seems now a days to others its just days and get s boring. not for me grin
X
I can't remember how old I was but I do remember that I disnt tell my parents I knew the truth for a while year. I thought if I told them I didn't believe in Santa then I would no longer get a sack full of presents. Lucky for me even when my parents did find out I still got "Santa presents" for years smile
I actually have no idea, there wasn't a exact moment for me. After a while it seems my parents stopped believing in santa, they didn't emphasize his role so much tongue eventually I guess I just assumed it all came from mum and dad.
I was 7 and my sister was 5. Our older cousins (about 10 and 11) were teasing us and laughing because we believed in Santa. They told us Santa was dead and our parents were pretending he was still alive and the presents were from my parents. I remember my mum being so angry with them! LOL!

Although I only discovered this year (at 28 years of age) that reindeer were real! laugh When I found out Santa wasn't real, I though all of it was make-believe! But now I know reindeer really exist! LOL! roll eyes

Sign in to follow this topic