Huggies Forum

Yummy Yoghurt Muffins Lock Rss

i really love this recipe, they always get eaten super fast in my house smile

Yogurt/fruit muffins

Ingredients:

1 cup plain flour
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (you can leave it out if you dont have any)
1 egg
4 tablesppons melted butter
1 cup castor sugar
one small tub of yoghurt (of your choice)
one cup of diced fruit (of your choice)

chuck it all in a big bowl and stir until combined.
spoon into greased muffin tray and cook at 180c for 20 mins or until golden.

makes 12 small muffins or 6 large.
you can half the amount of sugar if you want to make them healthier too.

yum yum yum SOOOOO easy!!

ive made blueberry ones with blueberry yoghurt and frozen blueberries, raspberry ones, berry yoghurt with diced apple, mango yoghurt with diced peaches, honey yoghurt with apple and banana...

the combinations are endless and all turn out so yummy!
[Edited on 25/10/2007]

do you have too use a certain yoghurt too cook with?

nope any yogurt smile

i just use whatever we have in the fridge and then chuck in whatever fruit we have that matches. i usually just chop up an apple into small pieces and throw it in. you dont need to cook it first.

kool thanks i need too start cookin toodler finger food DS wants too feed himself all the time!!!

They sound great!
Bonus that I always have all those ingredients!!
When you say sml tub of yoghurt do you mean the Nestle kids size or the normal 200g tubs?

thats the good thing, i always have all the stuff handy so i can make them whenever smile

just a 200g-250g size tub. we always have a big tub in our fridge so i just pour some in lol usually about a cup though i guess. if the batter wont mix together properly and the dry ingredients wont mix, just add a little more yoghurt smile

Thanks I will let you know how they go tomorrow!
Am making apple & strawberry this time.
I also found Apple & rhubarb youghurt, that souns yummy to !!
Yum, yum, yum, yum!!!
They are so nice, thanks bels for sharing it.
I just ,ade a post in general for everyone to have a look!!

They got DS' stamp of approval and he hates anything with fruit so I am very happy!!

I made them with Lite Srawberry yoghurt & pie apple this time.
I also used wholemeal flour for DS and they were still really yummy!

For the ones (it was mainly me!) who were wondering about the smaller tub size I used about 1.5 of the 200g tubs.
Jess I saw your post in general chat the other day and looked them up. Thank you. And thank you Bell for posting them.

They are yummy. I made mine with vanilla yoghurt and apple with a little cinnimon and then added some chopped walnuts to some as well. Yum yum yum, not sure if there will be any left by the time DH and kids get home. LOL

currently being updated please check back later.

Yummy - I just made mine with normal sugar and a snack size tin of two fruits (drained) & apricot yoghurt, very yummy but a bit more fruit would have been even nicer.

totally cool.....i am sooo going to make this. my children love yoghurt and this is such a neat idea.
bump so i can find easier 0.later

currently being updated please check back later.

Sign in to follow this topic