Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Your Recipes & Cooking Tips
  5. Need recipe ideas for healthy toddler DIP

Need recipe ideas for healthy toddler DIP Lock Rss

Hi ladies..

I have discovered my DD devours any vegie I put in front of her if she can dip it into something. I was using french onion store bought dip but I'm sure some of you Mums out there have some yummy, HEALTHY recipes that I can do at home.

Thanks!

Joanne, WA, DD 22.05.06 & DS 04.10.07

DS loves dipping celery into cream cheese. Just have to nuke it in the microwave for a couple of seconds to soften it first. (I don't like the bottle stuff cause it tastes very salty).
pumba loves avacado sometimes I mix with just a little bit of sour-cream

Leigha''s little men smile

sour cream and corn relish mixed together or if you prefer you can use cream cheese the spreadable one and corn relish mixed together,this dip is quite morish.enjoy.

Two Little Spunkettes To Love...

Red Capsicum and Butterbean Whizzie
3 red capsicums, cored and deseeded
1 x 175g tin of butterbeans, drained
large pinch of paprika
1 tablespoon cottage cheese, natural yoghurt or soya yoghurt
2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, adding the oil slowly to reach the desired consistency
- This whizzie can be kept fresh for up to 3 days, if covered and refridgerated.

Chickpea and Green Pesto Whizzie
1 x 175g jar of basil or rocket pesto sauce
1 x 175g tin of chickpeas drained
freshly ground pepper
lemon juice or cider vinegar to taste
- Combine all the ingredients throroughly in a blender or food processor, adding the lemon juice or cider vinegar as necessary to reduce the thickness and cut the garlic levels in the pesto to the desired strength
- This whizzie will probably be best kept for only two or three days as the ingredients are more likely to ferment

Kidney Bean, Tomato and Mustard Whizzie
1 x 175g tin red kidney beans
120ml tomato puree or passata (strained tomato sauce)
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1-2 teaspoons water
- Combine all the ingredients except the water in a blender or food processor until smooth, adding the water only if the consistency is too thick.
- This whizzie can be kept fresh for up to 3 days, if covered and refridgerated.

from The Food Doctor for babies and children

My DD loves hummus.
It is very easy to make at home - just a can of chickpeas, a little olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and tahini paste. But you can also buy some great ones in the cold section of the supermarket. I usually buy Chris' dips, because they come in a small 125g container.

carrot dip:
Boil steam or microwave 5 medium coarsely chopped carrots until tender; Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large frying pan, cook 1 crushed clove garlic and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, stirring until fragrant. Stir in carrot and 2 teaspoons lemon juice, cook stirring until combined. Remove from heat, cool 10 mins Blend or process carrot mixture and 1/3 yoghurt until smooth.

Beetroot dip:
Blend or process 450 g can drained baby beets, 1/2 cup thick yogurt and 1 tablespoon lemon juice until smooth.
Thanks sooo much! DD is going to love trying all these dips.. And so will I smile

Joanne, WA, DD 22.05.06 & DS 04.10.07

Sign in to follow this topic