Huggies Forum

Yummy Carrot Soup Rss

Hi Girls,

I have come accross this recipe and Kristopher just loves it so I thought I would share it with you all. Kristopher is not into eating vegies so I thought I would try something different, it goes like this...

Carrot soup

30grams butter
1 large onion diced
1 large sweet potato diced
3 large carrots diced
4 cups chicken or beef stock (or 4 stock cubes and water)
3/4 cup (185grams) sour cream
2 tablespoons of fresh oregano or basil

Melt butter in a large saucepan and cook onion until transparent. Ad potato & carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in stock & bring to the boil. Simmer for 1/2 an hour. Cool soup, then puree in a blender. To serve, reheat soup with sour cream then stir in herbs.

For an added touch we add a smiley face with cream in the soup, this was not in the recipe but it makes him laugh.

Happy cooking.
this sounds yummy i will buy carrots this week for sure will let u know how they like it

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

thank you for sharing this recipe. i just made it and had it for my lunch. the test will be dinner tonite if the boys like it

we hads it last nite the boys ate it the 4 yr old was a bit fussy to start but polished it off in the end

Hi vkw,

Glad to hear the boys liked it, it is fast becomming one of my 2 yo's favourites.
laat nite my 4 yr ols sid i want soup 4 dinner i said bad luck lol!

I made your carrot soup the other night - we all loved it!! I will be making it again very soon. Thanx for sharing the recipe with us!

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Sign in to follow this topic