Huggies Forum

beef stroganoff Rss

Hello lovely mummies,

Anyone got a yummy beef stroganoff recipe? I have googled but am not impressed by ones i have found.
Thanks

Hi there

I just use the maggi premixed spice things...they're cheap from the supermarkets and you only need to add onions, sour cream and mushrooms to the beef. It literally takes less than 10 mins to whip it up and it tastes fantastic.
i have tried makin my own beef stroganoff SOO many times but nothin ever turns out as good as the simmer sauce one i think its by umm the chicken tonight ones you know how you can get honey mustard chicken and all them kinda of simmer sauces in the jar? and as much as i love too make my own things nothin ever turns out as nice as the simmer sauce i always add mushrooms and onion and put sour cream in it just b4 serving...

I use

600gms of stirfry beef
2 onions
1/2 bottle of red wine
1 cup tomato paste
tub sourcream
1/2 cup tomato sauce
season to taste

Brown your Beef add onions and fry for 3-5 mins , add redwine and simmer for 20 mins ( to tenderise meat) then add tomato paste and sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Add sourcream and mix til even then season to taste

You can add mushrooms but I don't as I don't eat them!

Jx

Jilly, Qld, Mum to Amy 14/12/05 & Rebecca 20/7/07

Hi there,
Ive got the BEST stroggy recipe ever! Not your conventional strog recipe and it takes a while to cook but trust me, its awesome! Far better than those packet mixes (which are full of salt and crap). I hate using beef strips because they are always tough and flavorless and so I use something like chuck steak. Its never failed for me and turns out so delicious with the tender meat (drool!!!)

Ok, for my strog I use:

700g chuck steak cut into bite sixed cubes
2 tbsp plain flour
3 tbsp butter
1 onion, slices
300g mushies
4 tsp crushed garlic (or 4 cloves, crushed)
1 lt chicken stock ( I use homemade but store brought is fine)
1 tub sour cream
1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped
sweet paprika
salt and pepper to season

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 180. Toss beef in flour to coat
2)Over the stove,melt butter over high heat. Cook beef for a couple minutes till brown. Add a few shakes of paprika.
3)Add onion, garlic and mushies and cook 5 mins, stirring occasionally and season with salt and pepper. Dont add too much salt because you will be adding chicken stock.
4)Add chicken stock and sour cream and bring to the boil.
5)Transfer to an oven-proof dish and cover and bake in oven for 2hrs.
5) fold in chopped parsley and serve over rice (or mashed tatties if you are like my DH!)

Enjoy smile

Thanks ladies for all the great suggestions and recipes.

That night i ended up tying out a taste recipe:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/10755/beef+stroganoffand it was quite nice, but think i'll have to give sarahhips a go next time.

hi girls!
Yesterday we try this recipe http://www.beefstroganoff.org/recipe/rice-beef-... . Awesome!
Also my husband, ask to me, to make an crockpot beef stroganoff with pasta and white wine.
I try to find recipe in http://www.beefstroganoff.org without any results.
Is there any ideas/recipes about it?

thank's
Sign in to follow this topic