Huggies Forum

salad recipes for xmas day Lock Rss

hi ladies,would love some slad recipes for xmas day,i have a few i usually make but looking for something really yummy and that looks fab,also a fruit salad for dessert but salad for main meal to.thanks everyone look fwd to all those great salad recipes.have a nice night.shell.

shell 4yr old & 16mth

This salad tastes great, is so simple to make and looks awesome.

1. On a square plate plop a bag of baby spinach leaves
2. Buy ricotta cheese from the deli, in the bag it comes in, break it up into chunks and tip these over the spinach
3. Open a can of baby beetroot and cut into smaller bits if desired (I usually do halves) and put over ricotta/spinach and drizzle some of the beetroot juice over the ricotta for effect (just a little bit)
4. sprinkle some pine nuts over.

YUMMO!!

great summer salad me thinks.

This is my latest favourite.
Spread some baby spinach leaves on a big,flat plate,layer with ripe tomato slices and basil leaves,sprinkle over crumbled feta,balsamic vinegar and olive oil.It tastes really fresh and yummy!
You can't go wrong with caesar either,I love it! Paul Newmans creamy caesar dressing is the BEST!

For the fruit salad if you want a nice presentation make a "basket" out of a whole water melon! I have done this a few times and it looks good!
You just cut 2 small quarters of the melon leaving a handle and bowl part,scoop out all the melon and dry the indside with paper towel, fill with your favoutite fruits. Don't fill it until you are close to serving it to save the stuff on the bottom going a bit soggy.

this one is yummy as

small shell pasta cooked off of course lol
diced bacon fried off
spanish onion very finley diced
ranch dressing

mix it all together

just before serving add some diced avo and grated or shaved parmo cheese.

Try taste.com I love that site they have heaps of yummy recipes!

Posted by: mummytocutties
this one is yummy as

small shell pasta cooked off of course lol
diced bacon fried off
spanish onion very finley diced
ranch dressing

mix it all together

just before serving add some diced avo and grated or shaved parmo cheese.

do you serve this cold? Sounds yummy.

yep served cold
Sign in to follow this topic