Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Ingredients - 1st birthday cake Lock Rss

I would like to make my twins a small birthday cake each for their 1st Birthday. I will make a larger one for the adults in some sort of kids theme, but would like a cake that the boys can eat, make a mess and enjoy.

What do you put in a cake like that for one year olds? Not sure where to start. Any help greatly appreciated.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Hi Mum.

If I was you I'd make a sponge with simply jam in the middle. Less mess and they'll love it. I guess you could try whipped cream but that's up to you.

or (just had a brain wave) how about little cup cakes all in the shape of a 1. That way the twins could destroy one each and the family gets to enjoy the rest. You could decorate with lollies like smarties and make faces.. wow now I cant wait till Liana turns one!!!!

have fun
Kez

Kerryn, SA, baby girl 20/11/03

Using cup cakes is the way to go. It's easy they look great in the shape of a 1 and everyone can demolish their own resulting in no fights - no stressing out for mum.

That's what I'm doing for my boy's first. Originally thought I'd make an elmo or something and when I saw the cup cakes Idea in a book or magazine (not sure which one) I thought that's what I'm going to do and then I don't have to worry about my cake baking and decorating skills. And when you put a candle on top of each cup cake it looks awesome

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

I like the sound of this idea. Im making the first cake soon to. Did the book just have all the cupcakes seperately next to each other in the shape of a no. 1?

baby boy

From memory they were in pattycases and placed next to each other so in effect you could have each one iced a different colour or what ever takes your fancy. I'm just trying to locate the picture myself to jog my memory but I'm pretty sure that yes they were seperate.
Cheers

Sorry forgot to answer your question that yes they were seperate cupcakes placed next to each other to form the number 1 ( in the book it was a number 2 but I'm sure it would still work to make a number 1)

Thanks to the mums that replied. I ended up making (times 2) a butter cake with blue icing and decorated with smarties from a Women's Weekly kids cake book in the shape of the number 1. The older kids at the party thought it was great and my boys enjoyed the cake as well (minus the icing and smarties). Thanks for your help. We had a back up mud cake for the adults!!!!

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Sign in to follow this topic