Huggies Forum

EGG and NUT FREE snack recipes please Rss

My son has a couple of children in his class that have severe allergies to nuts and eggs

Does anyone have some recipes without nuts and eggs that I can make for my son to take to school, without risking the health of these other children?

Thanks in advance
[Edited on 25/02/2009]
i dont know any, rhylie has just started day care, and its the same for a him, a few kids have allergies to egg and nuts, so i really dont know what to pack in his lunch
CornFlake Biscuits

Cream together 125g butter and 2/3 cup caster sugar.
Add 1 1/4 cup SR flour.
Add 1 tbls milk.
Stir through 1 1/2 cups corn flakes and 2/3 cup choc chips (or sultanas).
Roll into small balls, place on biscuit tray and flatten slightly.
Bake for 10 mins on 180 degrees.

What about anzac biscuits?
[Edited on 25/02/2009]
Posted by: Staaria
CornFlake Biscuits

Add 1 1/4 cup SR flour.
Add 1 tbls milk.

[Edited on 25/02/2009]

Cornflakes can contain traces of nuts.

Have a look in the health food section of the supermarket you can egg free cake mixes that you can use egg replacer in and you could make cup cakes, but I am not sure if the contain traces of nuts or not you would have to check.

Posted by: ~Am&WillsMummy~

I think that can be said about most things though.
Posted by: ~Am&WillsMummy~
Posted by: Staaria
CornFlake Biscuits

Add 1 1/4 cup SR flour.
Add 1 tbls milk.

[Edited on 25/02/2009]

Have a look in the health food section of the supermarket you can egg free cake mixes that you can use egg replacer in and you could make cup cakes, but I am not sure if the contain traces of nuts or not you would have to check.

Thanks girls...

Yep, my cornflakes may also contain traces of nuts, so that is out too...
I never realised how many things have a "trace of nuts"..
We cant provide food that has trace of nuts either.

They wont even accept cardboard food boxes or egg cartons for craft activities as this can set the child off as well. Poor little bugger!
Chocolate Cup Cakes

my son has egg and nut allergies, not too severe just his excema flairs up if he has too much. I don't really have snack recipes as such but here are a couple of recipes we use. You can also google egg free recipes as there are heaps out there.

Eggfree cake

Pancakes/Pikelets

I'm constantly finding more so if I do I can Pm you some more recipes, if you would like
scones made with lemonade, flour and cream you can cut them in half with jam, or if you can get some may contain traces of nut free sultana's add them too
Matthew has both an egg and nut allergy - anaphylaxis (sp) to both, yet he is ok with traces of nuts.

I buy a no-egg replacement, that you mix up and use instead of egg, it's made from potato starch and other stuff. I find that it's fantastic - means that Matthew can eatso many more things that I make now - I'm not so limited to what I can cook.

Another thought - Anzac Biccies...?

** RIP...Ash 27/6/1985 - 17/10/2009 **

Thanks Mary I will have a look for the egg replacement next time I am at the shop... and thanks to all the other people that have given recipes and ideas.

I have never looked at ingredient listings on products as much as I have in the last 3 weeks.

I am going to try and get as many recipes as I can and I will compile them into a mini-recipe book and give it too the teacher so he can make a copy for everyone in the class.....surely if I am having trouble getting my child to eat things without nut/egg, then I am sure that other parents are having trouble too.
[Edited on 25/02/2009]
EMMA J, thank you- when you find them I would appreciate you sharing. Thankyou
Sign in to follow this topic