Huggies Forum

Chocolate mud cake Rss

Hi all,

I'm one of the "unfortunates" who is allergic to chocolate....

However I need to make a 21st cake for a friend and she wants a chocolate mudcake. I have NO IDEA how to make one cos I don't eat chocolate!!!

Does anyone have a great recipe that makes a nice moist, solid, lovely muddy mudcake??? I will want to ice it (with ganache or something like that) and then decorate it too so any ideas for a recipe for that stuff too would be great!

Thanking you all in advance smile

Christy
i made this one for my dh's birthday last month turned out to be really nice.. and it has chocolate ganache..

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/20016/classic+chocolate+cake
i cannot eat it either, though i'm told these ROCK!!

[u][b]Choc espresso flourless cake[/u][/b]
Serving size: Serves 8
Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes

This delicious recipe can be served warm with cream, or cold as a scrumptious snack. It is great for any occasion.

INGREDIENTS:

200g good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped,
1 tablespoon strong prepared espresso coffee (for just chocolate cake use hot choc instead)
1 teaspoon brandy
2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
150g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease the cake tin
3/4 cup (90g) almond meal
5 separated eggs
icing sugar for decoration

METHOD:

Preheat oven to moderate (180°C).

Place the chocolate, coffee or hot chocolate, brandy, caster sugar and butter in a heat-proof bowl and melt over a saucepan of water, stirring occasionally until chocolate and butter have melted.

Add almond meal and mix well with a wooden for 1½ minutes.

Using an electric beater beat in the egg yolks one at a time.

Beat the egg whites in another bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the two mixtures together.

Pour into the cake tin and cook for 40 minutes or until the middle isn't gooey.

Cover the cake with foil if it browns too quickly. Let the cake cool in the tin before removing. Do not worry if the cake falls apart while taking it out of the tin.

Dust with icing sugar when the cake is cooled.

i'll do another post with the other...

lost the recipe, though, if you buy a toblerone or other flaky choc bar, put a little less than half of the mix in the cooking pan, layer the choc bar in, obviously crumbled, then the rest of the mix cook as per usual.

sucks when you rock at making them, but are not able to imbibe...
hope your friend enjoys.
BLOODY SPELLING
[Edited on 11/03/2009]
mm this is my fave, if you want it high you need to make two cakes as it doesn't rise very much.

Mississippi mud cake

Can be made 3 days ahead. Storage: Covered, in refrigerator. Freeze: Suitable. Microwave: Chocolate mixture suitable.

INGREDIENTS

250g cold unsalted butter, chopped
150g dark chocolate, chopped
440g (2 cups) caster sugar
250ml (1 cup) hot water
80ml (1/3 cup) whisky
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
225g (1½ cups) plain flour
35g (¼ cup) self-raising flour
25g (¼ cup) cocoa powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten

METHOD

Grease 23cm square slab pan, line base with baking paper. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, water, whisky and coffee powder in medium pan; stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Transfer mixture to large bowl; cool. Stir in sifted flours and cocoa, then eggs; pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake at 160°C for 1¼ hours. Stand cake 30 minutes; turn onto wire rack to cool. Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar.

You can put a simple chocolate ganache on top as well.
2/3 cup cream
200g dark cooking chcolate
melt in saucepan over low heat, stand to cool until its a bit thick then spread onto the cake

Ooh can i just say the FLOURLESS chocolate cake is probably the best cake ever ever ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mum and my SIL make it all the time as there friends always want it but hey i suck and i don't have the recipe LOL might get back to you on that one... ah btw you are just jealous i am having the cheeseburger meal!!! lmao

Few to choose from there, thanks! I need to make it big enough to feed about 50 or 60 people.....aaaaagggh what have I agreed to??!!! I'm thinking that I will buy a square cake tin and make 4, and then just put them side by side.

Has anyone done anything like this????????? Goodness knows what I was thinking...I just didn't think it through!!!!

I see this was moved....didn't see the recipes tab!!! Sorry all!
I have made a simple chocolate cake.
You have just need condenser milk, sugar, purpose flour, baking soda, butter, baking powder and required water.
First, take a bowel then add all the ingredients and make smooth better than start the stove and put the cooker on heat, then put the some send in a cooker and on the send put the pot or bowel and filling it. Then close the cooker and slow down your heat temperature to 1 hour.
You get spongy and fluffy cake. If the cake that fell apart or broken cake, use ganache to seal the crack.
Sign in to follow this topic