Huggies Forum

Paint & Playdough!!!!! Rss

Hi there mums,

Well they aren't exactly tasty treats for us to eat but they are a treat for our little ones to play with.

I discovered this paint recipe in a "That's Life" mag. While i must be honest & tell you I haven't tried it myself, my MIL did & it turned out great. The grandkids loved it!!!

1/2 cup cornflour
2 tbls white sugar
2 cups cold water

Stir constantly over low-med heat until it boils & thickens.
Allow to cool, spoon into separate containers & add the colors you like!!!

Easy.......

This Playdough recipe is from the packet of Cream of Tartar.

2 cups of flour
4 tbls cream of tartar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 cup salt
food coloring
2 cups water

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan & stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until mixture congeals. Roll up into a ball & presto, there you have it.

I have made the playdough before & it turns out just great. A lot softer than the shop brought ones!

Have fun.

Regards

Michelle

Michelle - Mum to 2

This 'cooked' playdough is the best recipe. I have always made this and then keep it in an old formula tin with a plastic lid. Most people need to find a use for all those empty tins! It stays so fresh for ages. I sometimes add a little glitter to the mix when it cools and knead thru. Adds a little sparkle to it!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Just wanted to say that I made this playdough this morning, and it turned out great! I think my daughter is a bit young for it yet, but oh well, I enjoyed playing with it! LOL!

Just a quick question....I don't have an empty formula tin at the moment, so I am hoping that an ice cream container will do the trick to store the playdough in....do you keep it in the fridge or just in a dry cool place?
Just wondering...thanks for the recipe.....to think it was on the back of my cream of tartar package all along!!!
Georgina
I jus keep it in the pantry. It still lasts a long time. An icecream container should be fine..have fun!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Thanks Nyrrek.....will do!
Thanks for that info, I will make some this weekend! Don't know if my daughter is too young still. She is 17,mths and everything still goes straight into her mouth.
Sign in to follow this topic