Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sorry another Slowy Question Lock Rss

Hi Chicks,

So I have finally got round to buying a slowy, and just have a question for all you pros.

Is it really necessary to brown the meat first?

I work fulltime, and was just hoping to get up in the morning throw it all in and be on my merry way!
I asked the same thing on here when I first got mine- Nope you don't need to.

And I never have and it still works out perfectly!

I asked the same thing on here when I first got mine- Nope you don't need to.

And I never have and it still works out perfectly!

Super. I have herb and garlic lamb shanks in there today as a trial (could be a pizza night), and was hoping they would still turn out alright!

Thanks for the info.

Super. I have herb and garlic lamb shanks in there today as a trial (could be a pizza night), and was hoping they would still turn out alright!

Thanks for the info.

It is very hard to stuff up a slowcooker meal- possible but VERY hard lol

I made them when I was pregnant with DS2, DP and DS1 LOVED them- me I couldn't stomach them and have not been game to try them again LOL
Hi there girls!

Browning the meat only stops it looking "stewed" in the slow cooker. Browning is meant to lock in flavour, but you don't seem to lose much cooking it in a slow cooker. I never brown the meat first, takes too long and I'm lazy. Also, if you want to save even more time in the morning, chuck it all in the ceramic bowl the night before and chuck the bowl in the fridge. Then just put it back in the base in the morning, turn it on, and come home to a yummy tea!

The herb and garlic lamb shanks are yummy!! I did them in my slow cooker about 3 weeks ago and they were superb! Even my fussy husband liked them.

Thought you both might like this link to a slow cooker sight. Has heaps of recipes.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2007/12/alphabetical-listing-of-recipes.html

Also, the only thing I've stuffed up in my slow cooker was a cassorole that included coconut cream. It seperated and curdled, so just be careful of that.

Enjoy!!

Ash cool

Sign in to follow this topic