Huggies Forum

Slow roast pork Rss

If I wanted to slow roast a 1.74(missing numbers?)k pork shoulder how long do I cook it for and what temp? (like 120 FF?) without causing it to dry out?
My Mum always told me this rule of thumb....

When cooking a roast, cook in moderate oven for an hour, then an extra 30 mins per 500g over the kg. Does that make sense?

So for 1.74kg roast it would need to cook for 1hr 45 minutes... but 2 hours would be fine. Cover with foil for the first hour!!

PS did you cook my stuffed cappies?

If I wanted to slow roast a 1.74(missing numbers?)k pork shoulder how long do I cook it for and what temp? (like 120 FF?) without causing it to dry out?

They jsut did a slow roast pork on better homes and gardens or hewy in the last couple of weeks - it was about 120 I think but no idea on times - check out their websites and see if that helps...

[img]

ohhh thanks for the replies, will keep remember next time we have roast pork and will check out that site!

Yeah, I made them LOL I loved them, DP was a little confused with them OK a LOT confused with them haha but he went for seconds! Thanks again
Hi) Just check out this web site, I take all my recipes from here: https://club.cooking/recipe-category/pork/
A lot's of recipes on different taste, enjoy)
Sign in to follow this topic