Huggies Forum

Dinner question Lock Rss

What vegies do you normally have with dinner?

I'm so boring (or lazy you can choose) and we normally either have frozen peas & corn (cooked of course although Judd does sneak some whilst still frozen) or mashed potato, sweet potato & carrot.

Sometimes if I can find the time and they're in the fridge I'll steam up broccoli, cauliflower & zucchini with stock standard carrot.

In summer we'll have salads a lot with coz lettuce, cucumber, carrot, capsicum & tomato. But in winter I don't feel like salads.

So what vegies are ALWAYS in your fridge and on your dinner plates and what do you do with them??

steam broccolli, cauliflower, and carrot. always the same... lol maybe a bit boring?

steam broccolli, cauliflower, and carrot. always the same... lol maybe a bit boring?

lol well at least I'm not the only one that does the same thing most nights smile

Were more a salad than a cooked vegie house

But you can always find

carrots
broccoli
zucchinis
baby peas
capsicum
lettuce
cucumber
tomatoes
avocado (when in season)

in our vege drawer in the fridge.

I'm much the same. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, corn on the cob, mashed potato and mashed pumpkin. Sometimes I'll roast them for a change. Salads galore in Summer.
We have pretty much the same thing all the time,

Mash potato, sweet mash potato
Broccoli, carrot, cauliflower (sometimes) corn on the cob, frozen peas (cooked of course) and sometimes frozen beans.

I generally work around what i know the kids will eat. If i'm making a pasta i always hide some different ones in there though. I just like to know they will be eaten and not wasted smile

What vegies do you normally have with dinner?

I'm so boring (or lazy you can choose) and we normally either have frozen peas & corn (cooked of course although Judd does sneak some whilst still frozen) or mashed potato, sweet potato & carrot.

Sometimes if I can find the time and they're in the fridge I'll steam up broccoli, cauliflower & zucchini with stock standard carrot.

In summer we'll have salads a lot with coz lettuce, cucumber, carrot, capsicum & tomato. But in winter I don't feel like salads.

So what vegies are ALWAYS in your fridge and on your dinner plates and what do you do with them??

Carrott, broccolli. cawliflower, peas, beans, brussell sprouts, zucchini... corn sometimes... potatoe, pumpkin, sweet potatoe.

mine are steamed
The staple vegies that we always have are potato, pumpkin, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and frozen peas, carrots, corn mix. Sometimes have beans, cabbage, sweet potato, corn on the cob. In summer loads of salad stuff, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sprouts, avacado ect In winter we also have parsnip, turnip/swede

Depending on the meat dish we often have baked vegies, boiled potato, potato and pumpkin mashed together, steamed veg, stirfry veg, cauliflower bake, potato bake. Sometimes if we have left over vegies I mash them all together and fry them in patties which the kids love. I do a really yummy yugoslavic (I know wrong spelling) dish of onions cabbage and tomato which is soooo good lol

Cheers Ness

Thanks everyone - I've got to try harder to add some different vegies into the mix I think.

Geez they were quick to move this to the recipe section tonight :S

[center]Our standards are:
We don't have all of them every night & I do them in different ways but these vegies are always in the fridge or pantry

Potato
Sweet potato
Zucchini
Brocolli
Cauliflour
Bok Choy
Celery
Mushrooms
Capsicum
Peas
Corn
Spinach