Huggies Forum

Your fave vegetarian recipes... Rss

I try to do a meat free meal at least once a week but im running out of ideas....

What are your favourite vegetarian meals?

TIA smile

I try to do a meat free meal at least once a week but im running out of ideas....

TIA smile

sushi grin

sushi grin

Ugh too hard LOL and that is one thing i bet the boys wouldn't eat!!

TIA smile

Risotto with mushrooms and fennel

Veg Pizza (fave topping is basil pesto spread on base, topped with cubes of roasted pumpkin, caramelised red onion and crumbled fetta)
I also really like basil pesto pasta. Has to be homemade basil pesto though because the jar stuff is crap!

I also really like basil pesto pasta. Has to be homemade basil pesto though because the jar stuff is crap!

I agree - i made some basil pesto not long ago and it was delicious! I've just added spaghetti with cherry tomatoes & basil to my meal plan so might make it into basil pesto pasta smile thanks!

I make a super easy spaghetti dish.

Buy a tub of copperpot basil with cahsews and parmesan dip.Cook spaghetti,toss dip,olive oil,halved cherry tomatoes and fresh parmesan through hot spaghetti and thats it!! My dd LOVES it and is always asking for "green spaghetti"

Feta,ricotta and spinach wrapped in filo pastry is realy nice and easy too.

I make a super easy spaghetti dish.

Buy a tub of copperpot basil with cahsews and parmesan dip.Cook spaghetti,toss dip,olive oil,halved cherry tomatoes and fresh parmesan through hot spaghetti and thats it!! My dd LOVES it and is always asking for "green spaghetti"

Feta,ricotta and spinach wrapped in filo pastry is realy nice and easy too.

Oooh YUM! They sound great... i had forgotten about spinach & feta triangles!! smile

We just tend to do pasta bakes.
With tinned tomatoes, mixed herbs and whatever is suitable to put in it thats in the fridge, whether it be mushrooms carrot, peas, corn etc.
I was going to say a roast pumpkin and leek risotto ..we do this one all the time ..I buy that Uncle Bens Risotto bace rice that is already cooked ..roast some pumpkin and then add some sauted mushies and leek ..add the rice and coat the rice with the veg and some olive oil ..add some stock (if you use vegie stock ..make sure you dont buy one that is to salty ) and add in your roast pumpkin ...yummo lol lol

Or you can do tofu ..some of the marinated stuff and put in a stir fry is really nice ..

brown rice and Hommus berrittos with letus tomato avo and sour cream ..mmmm lol lol

fried rice with just the veg

Ugh too hard LOL and that is one thing i bet the boys wouldn't eat!!

lol after all the stuff u post up for dinner every night lolol the hardest part is the rice (and i cheat n use a rice cooker lol) and if u made one like this and made small ones the kids wouldn't even know they were eating seaweed

just make them smaller so that they are bite sized and they will never know
you will be amazed at how quick they are to make... if you've got the rice done before hand you can make them quicker then u can a sandwich

We often do tapas type meals too, so a selections of things like.....

Bruschetta

Stuffed mushrooms ~either stuffed with a flavoured rice and a little sprinkle of parmesan OR with a salsa mix topped with cheese and then we add a dollop of sour cream to the top before eating.

Tempura vegies

Oh and I LOVE!!! Deep fried camembert cheese with a chilli plum dipping sauce!
Sign in to follow this topic