Huggies Forum

My Little Man Lock Rss

So this is my day in short( well I will try the short version)! DH,DS2,DFS and I decided to have decided to get out of the house before I was going to work maybe have lunch! Anyway we are strolling down the main street of a little country town I decide i need the loo and I to change DS2 so we find the toliets, I change him hand him over to DH and duck back into loo!
Come out and DH is holding DS2 who is just limp! He screams for me saying he fell and landed on the back of his head! I grab him his eyes have rolled back into his head he is not breathing and has started convulsing(sp)! I tell DH to call 000 and run to the closest place for help! It was the most terrifying experience of my life!! sad

So I am laying on the floor with my little man who has started to breath and stopped shaking when the ambos arrive! Felt like forever was probably 10mins! They took him to hosp told me it was probably concusion! He wasn't talking(which is very unusal)it took him about 2hrs, He slowly perked up got some colour back, drifted in and out of sleep, they (sp)kept him in for observation for 4 hrs and have sent him home but Im freakin out! I made him a bed in our room so I can make sure he breaths properly all night! unsure
We got home put him to bed and I just burst into tears! I can't help but think I could have lost him, I did my first aid training 4 weeks ago and the only thing I remembered was to make sure he wasn't choking and put him in the recovery position after the convulsing stopped!
Wow what a day! It makes you realise how precious they really are!
Well done if you have read this much, just imagine how long it would have been if I hadn't given you the short version! huh
Sorry I totally put this in the wrong section! Thats how all over the shop I am! blink

So this is my day in short( well I will try the short version)! DH,DS2,DFS and I decided to have decided to get out of the house before I was going to work maybe have lunch! Anyway we are strolling down the main street of a little country town I decide i need the loo and I to change DS2 so we find the toliets, I change him hand him over to DH and duck back into loo!
Come out and DH is holding DS2 who is just limp! He screams for me saying he fell and landed on the back of his head! I grab him his eyes have rolled back into his head he is not breathing and has started convulsing(sp)! I tell DH to call 000 and run to the closest place for help! It was the most terrifying experience of my life!! sad

So I am laying on the floor with my little man who has started to breath and stopped shaking when the ambos arrive! Felt like forever was probably 10mins! They took him to hosp told me it was probably concusion! He wasn't talking(which is very unusal)it took him about 2hrs, He slowly perked up got some colour back, drifted in and out of sleep, they (sp)kept him in for observation for 4 hrs and have sent him home but Im freakin out! I made him a bed in our room so I can make sure he breaths properly all night! unsure
We got home put him to bed and I just burst into tears! I can't help but think I could have lost him, I did my first aid training 4 weeks ago and the only thing I remembered was to make sure he wasn't choking and put him in the recovery position after the convulsing stopped!
Wow what a day! It makes you realise how precious they really are!
Well done if you have read this much, just imagine how long it would have been if I hadn't given you the short version! huh

OMG you poor thing!!!! What a horrible and scary experience sad So glad he is ok now and hopefully you can get some rest tonight!! Hope your little man is feeling better soon GBH smile
Oh my god gasp How scary. Lucky he's ok! I would have freaked out big time aswell.
Oh my gosh just reading your story I held my breath I can't imagine what you all went through (and I hope I never have to) I felt sick in the stomach! Great big hugs to you and your DS I'm so glad he is okay now. I hope you get some rest tonight, although you probley won't. But fingers crossed you have nothing to worry about.
Oh my Goodness!!! gasp You por love and your poor wee guy! hope he is doing better tomorrow
OMG! Firstly, sorry for your little man. How quickly things happen.

Secondly, I am so surprised the hospital allowed him to leave. They really should have kept him for a minimum of 24 hours after what you have described.

Stay in the room with him. You won't get much sleep, but at least you will know if something is not right.

Trust all will be ok. Keep us posted hun. Big hugs & don't feel bad for crying. Think we all would given the same scenario. xxxx
Hi everyone thanks for your kind replies! I think I'm still powering on by adrenaline! Going to try to sleep but I know I won't full room at our tonight with me, DH, DS2 and DFS who is still feeding a couple of times a night, all in one little room! Kind of grateful my mum took DS1 for a weekend sleepover! Thanks again I feel better now I have shared. roll eyes

Wild Hibiscis, I know I told the docotr I was uncomfortable taking him home, but after 4hrs, some panadol and a few cat naps he was jumping up and down on the hospital bed and wanting to do everthing! Massive difference from just after when he couldn't even form a word, now we can't shut him up again. So he must be ok! Im sure he will have a massive headache tommorrow. sad
Hey! You did everyhting you needed to do!

You got someone to call 000, you got him to a safe place, in a safe position, made sure he wasn't chocking and that he was breathing, that's all you're meant to do hun! The rest is up to the paramedics!

You did a great job, most parents just freak out and don't do anything regardless of how much training they've had but you kept your cool and did everthing that you could have done!

Well done!

Hope he feels better when he wakes up. I'm sure he'll be fine but as a parent you can't help but worry.

Just and update for anyone who interested! After DS2 nearly died yesterday he is back to his normal self! Talking a hundred miles an hour and telling people he bumped his head! He slept for nearly 12hrs last night under very close supervision by us! unsure
Thanks to the lovely ladies who posted on this thread i was very fragile last night and was good to have some support! smile
Holy ***! sorry for the language but man oh man i bet you freaked out! Hope your little man is all happy now tho smile
Oh my goodness! HOw terrifying for you and sorry you had to go through that. I hope your DS recovered quickly and your doing ok.
My DD had 2 lots of convulstions at the end of last year and it was the most terrifying thing I have EVER been through. But unlike you I freaked out and didn't know what to do, and i've done 1st aid training although I did ring the ambos.
Huge hugs to you and hope your ok and slowly calming down although I know it can take awhile.

Sign in to follow this topic