Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

quick cooking question Lock Rss

I just used 1/4 cup soy instead of worstershire sauce! Any suggestions on how to tone down the soy sauce taste? It's in a mince dish.
Thanks!

I just used 1/4 cup soy instead of worstershire sauce! Any suggestions on how to tone down the soy sauce taste? It's in a mince dish.
Thanks!

hehe oh no, although theyre both quite salty.

Perhaps a teaspoon of brown sugar.

Good luck!!

Worster has a real kick to it - maybe you'll be alright? Otherwise tone down the amount of salt/beef stock you're meant to use (leave it out), otherwise try diluting it out with rice or potatoes (both of which absorb salt nicely... not exactly sure what you're cooking!)

Bon chance!
Hi, if it's too salty, add some big pieces of raw potato and let it cook a while longer. The potato will absorb some of the salt. When you go to serve, just throw the potato away smile
I'm just doing a basic mince dish I added more water and have been simmering it so it thickens up again. The girls both like it so it must be to bad. Much better with more water to tone it down.

Thanks ladies!

brown sugar or golden syrup are great at neutralising the salt in soy sauce

Sign in to follow this topic