Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Frozen vegies Lock Rss

OK, so this sounds dorky I know but can you buy fresh vegies such as broccoli and cauliflower etc, cut them up, and freeze them? Say in containers or such? Or do they get freezer burn?

OK, so this sounds dorky I know but can you buy fresh vegies such as broccoli and cauliflower etc, cut them up, and freeze them? Say in containers or such? Or do they get freezer burn?

I think you can but you have to make sure the container or bag is EXTREMELY air tight.
Just par cook them and pop them in an airtight container or freezer bag. My mum does it with vegies from their veggie garden and it works fine smile

Yes! Especially if it makes it easier for you cook home made food. Can I suggest taking a step further as it sounds you are organising yourself. Steam them before freezing, then they are ready to go. Or you could cut ready for different dishes - thin for stirfries, chunky for stews...

Yes! Especially if it makes it easier for you cook home made food. Can I suggest taking a step further as it sounds you are organising yourself. Steam them before freezing, then they are ready to go. Or you could cut ready for different dishes - thin for stirfries, chunky for stews...

Sorry, and cool the cook veg quickly in iced water once they cooked to avoid over cooked, dull, mushy veg. As I agree - cooked potato doesnt freeze weel at all.
That is great to know, I have often wondered about it, I throw out a lot of veges cos we haven't been able to use them up in time.
Yes ladies, thanks for your help. The main reason I asked was to save money. I saw broccoli advertised for 99c kg the other day and made me realise when I buy it already frozen it's abot 3.50 for a 500g bag so about 3 or 4 times the price but half the amount!!
Sign in to follow this topic