Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Your Recipes & Cooking Tips
  5. Looking for new recipes for slices and biscuits.

Looking for new recipes for slices and biscuits. Lock Rss

Hi smile
I love making all my family's slices, biscuits and cakes. If you feel like sharing your family's favourite Í'm sure my kids would be sooo grateful for experiencing new tastes lol.

A recipe I've been making lately for my family is

Chocolate Oaty Slice

125gm butter
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
2 tablespoons of boiling water
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup plain flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 60gm Chokito bars chopped, or chocolate bars of your choice or chocolate buttons

Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease and line a 20cm square cake pan extending paper over the edges.
Melt butter and honey over medium heat, stirring until butter is hot. Remove from heat and stir in bicarb and water. Mixture will become frothy.
Combine sugar, coconut, oats, flour, and Chokito bar in large bowl. Add butter mixture and stir until combined.
Press mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool in pan before cutting.

ENJOY!!!!!

Mummy of 5 Gorgeous Babes smile
My newest Gorgeous Baby Boy arrived 1st January 2014 smile xxx

Welcome Skippy to the housewifes guide to keep her family's tummy full laugh laugh I will keep adding recipes that my family enjoy smile

Skippy plain chocolate works well too!!

Jelly cakes.

2 85gm packets of raspberry jelly crystals
60gm butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
1 cup SR flour
1/2 cup milk
2 cups coconut

Make jelly according to instructions. Place in fridge for 1 1/2 hrs or until slightly thickened ( It should look like unbeatened egg white ).
Preheat oven to 180 degrees or 160 degrees fan forced. Grease 2 non stick 12 hole shallow patty tins(2 tblsp capacity each hole). With electric beaters , beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add egg and beat to combine.
Sift flour over mixture and gently fold in the milk. Spoon batter into the prepared tins and bake for about8 minutes, or until risen, golden brown and firm to a gentle touch. Stand inthe tin for 3 minutes then turn out onto wire rack. Cool completely.
Spread coconut on plate. Working one at a time dip the cake in the jelly letting it soak in slightly. Drain off excess then roll in coconut to coat. Place on a tray. Repeat with remaining cakes and then refrigeratefor 1 hr to set.

Any flavour jelly can be used.

ENJOY!!!!

I'd like to keep an eye on this one too!

Our current favourite is Caramel Macademia Slice (found on the net)
So not good for you, but easy and yum!

BASE
125g butter melted
1 pkt vanilla cake mix (butter cake works too)
1 cup coconut

TOPPING
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 small pkt macademia nuts, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Line slice tin with baking paper
3. Mix base ingredients and press into slice tin. Bake for about 15mins or lightly golden
4. Combine topping ingredients (except nuts) in a saucepan and stir over low-med heat until slightly thickened.
5. Pour over top of base and sprinkle with macademias.
6. Bake for further 15 - 20 mins or until lightly golden.

**Let cool completely before cutting
**I only sprinkle nuts on one half (same amount though!) so that my youngest can enjoy it too.
**Wicked with icecream for dessert!
mudpies that looks very yum my family will certainly enjoy that when I make it for them. Thanks for sharing smile

Great thread smile

My mum used to make these and I've been making them lately too and they're pretty yum!

Rock cakes

2 cups self raising flour
1/3 cup butter or marg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp currants, sultanas, chopped dates or mixed fruit (I just do sultanas)
1 egg
3 tbsp milk

1. Pre heat oven to 200-230
2. Sift flour
3. Rub in butter with fingers
4. Add sugar and ginger
5. Add sultanas, dates etc..
6. Beat egg and add to milk
7. Add egg and milk to dry ingredients and make into dough
8. Put mixture in small rough heaps ( they double in size!) on greased oven tray
9. Put a blob of jam on top of each and sprinkle a bit of sugar over them (our little touch to the recipe)
10. Bake for 10-15 mins

Mum used to add a bit of orange peel grated to hers, I add a bit of cinnamon to mine for something extra smile yum!

TallulahBelle your recipe is one my dh will love smile

Banana Oat Bars.

125gm rolled oats
125gm caster sugar
4 tablespoons plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100gm sultanas
225gm mashed bananas
4 tablespoons skim milk
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease or line with baking paper a 23cm by 33cm slice tin.
Mix together dry ingredients. In a seperate bowl mix wet ingredients. Combine all the ingredients together and then press into tin.
Bake for about 35 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

You can sprinkle the top with cinnamon and sugar if desired.
You can also change the flour to wholemeal and instead of caster sugar if you put 4 to 5 tablespoons of brown sugar it makes them very yummy smile

I just made a delicious slice/cake called Louise Cake. So yummy smile

Preheat oven to 180

Cream 75g of butter and 1/2 cup of sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 egg yolks (keep whites for later).

Sift in 1 and 1/4 cups of plain flour and 1 tsp baking powder. Stir to combine (will form a soft dough) I used hands at the end.

Press this into a greased 20x20 square cake tin.

Spread 1/4 cup raspberry jam on top of the base.

Next beat the 2 egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold in 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 cup dessicated coconut. Spread this mixture on top of the jam.

Bake in 180 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden on top.

YUM!

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

Really easy biscuits smile

500g butter
1 tin condensed milk
1 cup sugar
4.5 cups self raising flour
Half cup of custard powder

Cream butter & sugar. Add condensed milk, flour & custard powder. Mix until combined. Roll into teaspoon sized balls & press down with a fork. Place on greased trays and bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

You can add your own flavours to this recipe! Some suggestions:

Choc chips
Milo
Hundreds & thousands
Peanut butter

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Banoffee Cheesecake Sandwiches

2 pks Butternut Snap biscuits
1 tub Philly cream cheese
1/2 tin caramel Top 'n' Fill
2 bananas

1) Mix together the Philly and the caramel.
2) Slice up the bananas.
3) Take a biscuit, spread on some of the caramel Philly, top with a banana slice, add a bit more Philly over the banana slice then top with another biscuit to make a "sandwich".
4) Repeat until all the biscuits are used. Put all the sandwiches in an airtight container in the fridge.
5) Use any leftover banana slices to scoop up any leftover caramelly Philly and shove it in your mouth while no one is looking wink
6) Leave the cheesecakes in the fridge overnight, you want the biscuits to go soft to make them easier to eat.
7) Serve as is, or sprinkled with some icing sugar or shave chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

OR

Banoffee Tarts

Butternut Snap biscuits
Caramel top n fill
Bananas
Double cream or whipped cream
Flake bar

1) Pre heat the oven to 180c.
2) Place the biscuits over the holes of a patty pan tray and put them in the oven for 5 minutes to soften.
3) Take them out and while they are hot and soft press the biscuits into the holes of the tray to make little biscuit cups. Allow to cool a bit in the tray to harden again.
4) Put a spoonful of caramel into each biscuit cup, then add a slice of banana, then top with cream and scatter with crushed up flake.
5) Repeat to make as many as you want (more is better!).

You can eat them straight away and the base will be nice and crunchy, but they are sill delicious the next day, just keep them in the fridge. The base will be soft, but still good. Yum, yum, yum!

I have lots more, will add some more soon smile
* Bookmarks Post *

smile
They all sound DELICIOUS! My DF will be thanking you all smile

Great recipes everyone. My hips will be loving them laugh smile

Sign in to follow this topic