Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Your Recipes & Cooking Tips
  5. Help, in need of SIMPLE chicken meals for my 8 month old

Help, in need of SIMPLE chicken meals for my 8 month old Lock Rss

Hi ladies, I have been on google all day trying to find some simple and easy meal ideas for my DD, I have been advised not to cook with certain vegetables (leek cabbage peas corn) as they may upset bubs stomach and all the recipes I have found use at least one or two of these vegetables, does anyone have any simple recipes that just use a few good veggies and chicken? I am not into adding too much variety and want to keep it as simPle and easy as possible, and good ways to cook chicken as well.

Thanks in advance

Hi ladies, I have been on google all day trying to find some simple and easy meal ideas for my DD, I have been advised not to cook with certain vegetables (leek cabbage peas corn) as they may upset bubs stomach and all the recipes I have found use at least one or two of these vegetables, does anyone have any simple recipes that just use a few good veggies and chicken? I am not into adding too much variety and want to keep it as simPle and easy as possible, and good ways to cook chicken as well.

Thanks in advance

I wouldnt not cook things because they may upset bubs tummy, why dont you give them a go and find out.

I've never had a problem with onion, peas and corn. Would think leek would be similar to adding onion to a dish.

Best chicken I found for bubs is roast, that way its nice and tender and you can cut into small pieces and do the vegies as a mash (pumpkin, sweet potato and potato).
Is your bub having finger foods or still pureed stuff?
You could make chicken rissoles (add a grated carrot), apricot chicken or chicken bolognese.
Does your bub actually have a medical condition or is that just something your GP has recommended? Because if your bub has an intolerance to all those veggies it might be a good idea to see a dietitian so that she's not missing out on essential nutrients.
i only just recently started cooking baby food. its so fun! hahaa
but one of the easiest ones mum showed me was... get a small piece of breast chicken, 2 or 3 baby potatoes, 1 carrot, small piece of pumpkin. bring to boil then simmer with lid on for about 40mins or whenever theres not much water left. blend chicken and mash veggies. my nearly 8 month old loves it!

hope that helps! =)
I wouldn't avoid giving something because it may cause tummy upset. My 9 m.o eats just about everything and seems to cope fine. Some things give her gas, but it just results in a big fart and then she looks at ME like I made that noise, so funny!

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

my DDs favourite meal for a bit was chicken mince, peas/corn/carrots and spiral pasta (I also added some white sauce) it was easy for her pick up and tasty!

Sign in to follow this topic