Huggies Forum

Chocolate mud cake Rss

Does anyone have a good recipe? I need one for Saturday night smile

Havent made this myself but Chelsea recipes are always good - http://www.chelsea.co.nz/baking-and-recipes/23/...

Its not a mud cake but I have made this

http://www.foodshow.co.nz/home/recipes/y/yoghur...

And its very very good. Especially if you have very good quality cocoa powder. I used unsweetened plain yoghurt.

The 150g chocolate is to be melted and mixed with 1/2 cup yoghurt to make icing. But you can do any icing.
0ooh they sound so yummy! I was googling last night too and now I can't decide!

Thanks raspberry. I'm sure you've given me that recipe before but I'm yet to try it. Will depend if I can be bothered going to get Guinness lol!

Raspberry Sundae wrote:
doublewammy wrote:
Thanks raspberry. I'm sure you've given me that recipe before but I'm yet to try it. Will depend if I can be bothered going to get Guinness lol!

Send your man slave of the way home from work wink

You can buy single bottles here which is good.

What man slave! wink

I think they'd have single bottles here too, especially at dan Murphy's

I found this one on a professional cake decorators website and made it for the first time for DD1's bday 2 weeks ago. (I made 2 and sandwiched them together with a white choc ganache.) Moist, dense but not overly so and held up perfectly under ganache and fondant. (first time I made/used those too lol!) I also liked that it didn't rise too much in the middle and pretty much levelled itself out when I turned it out onto the board. No cutting=bonus although it wasn't crumbly so I don't think cutting would have caused much pain. Oh and the recipe says 80mins, I left mine for 70 and it probably could have come out 5mins earlier!

Ingredients
-250g butter, chopped
-1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
-1 cup (220g) caster sugar
-1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
-2/3 cup (100g) dark chocolate, chopped
-1 2/3 cups (250g) plain flour, sifted
-1 teaspoon bi-carbonate of soda (bi-carb soda)
*yes that's right...no eggs!!! smile

Method
-Preheat oven to 160C. Spray/grease a 20cm (8") round cake pan and line with non-stick baking paper. This is important as this cake will stick to the pan if you do not take this step.

1.Combine the butter, water, sugar, cocoa and chocolate in a medium sized saucepan.
2.Place over gentle heat. Bring to the boil whilst stirring. You need to stir until everything has dissolved to stop the mix from burning. (Don't let it boil over.)
3.Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
4.Remove from heat. Cover with a lid and leave to cool to room temp.
5.Gently whisk in flour and bi-carb soda into the cooled liquid. Whisk until all lumps are removed. Do not over whisk; you are not trying to add air into the batter just remove any flour lumps.
6.Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Remember the baking pan must be lined with non-stick baking paper. The batter will be quite liquid and will level naturally. Tap the tin on the kitchen bench to remove air bubbles.
7.Bake in a preheated oven set at 160C for 80 mins. The top of the cake will crack but will settle and be hidden when you turn the cake out of the tin.
8.Remove from oven. Cool in the tin for 10 mins. Gently turn out onto a cake plate or a cake board lined with non stick baking paper and leave to cool. This cake is quite soft while warm so don't turn out onto a wire rack! Eaten the same day it has a lovely soft texture, when chilled it becomes richly dark and dense.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

Thanks so much bubbles. Sounds yummy smile

Oh decisions decisions now!

Btw bubbles good to see you Hun. Hope you've been well smile

Sign in to follow this topic