Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

TallulahBelle!! Rss

Italian meatball bake sounds awesome! Recipe please?!

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

+2!

smile
Morning Zinkles! After I wrote it I realised it's greek meatball bake not Italian lol but it's so yum- I'll share anyway tongue

Ingredients:
Potatoes, 3 cut into 1cm batons (like chips really)
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Zucchini,1 large cut into batons
250grams cherry tomatoes
1 lemon cut into wedges (I'd recommend two though lol)
100grams feta
Pita bread pockets
Tzatziki to serve

MEATBALLS:
Lamb mince, 500grams (I've used normal mince to be cheap and it works too wink )
Breadcrumbs 1/4 cup
Onions, 2 finely chopped
1 tablespoon oregano
1 clove garlic, crushed
Ground cumin 1 teaspoon
Ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon

METHOD:

1. Preheat oven to 180c

2. Spread potatoes in a single layer in a roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over and bake for about 15mins.

3. Meatballs: combine all meatball ingredients in a bowl and shape 1/4 cup of mixture sized meatballs.

4. Add meatballs and zucchini to potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, bake for 10mins.

5. Scatter tomatoes and lemon wedges over roasting pan and crumble feta over. Bake for 10mins or until veggies are tender and meatballs are cooked through.

6. Squeeze juice from the baked lemon wedges over meatballs and veggies. Serve with Pita pockets and Tzatziki.

Yum smile hope one of you girls try it and let me know what you think! Xx

Thanks! That sounds so good! Even if it is Greek instead of Italian tongue

Do you think I would work without the feta? I still need to be dairy free for DD.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

It is awesome smile yeah take out the feta but maybe put olives in for something extra? Hope you enjoy it xx

How is your dd going these days?

Oooh olives could work.

DD is going ok. Growing well and moving around a lot. Just this last week she's started reaching out to touch her toys which DS thinks is license to shake stuff 2cm from her face tongue
She's still a terrible day sleeper though sad I can usually get one good sleep from her in the morning, but then she often spends the afternoon/evening upset because she's so tired but won't sleep sad

Sign in to follow this topic