Huggies Forum

sick mum Rss

has anyone else been very sick? and how did the family cope? i had an anurism in other words a bleed in the brain last easter i had it operated on but unfortunately duirng the surgery i suffered a stroke so spent 3 monhts in hospital my hubbys work gave him 3 months off on full pay and his prents moved in to help out they did well andrew even leernt to cook some simple foods the boys were fine i was worried the baby who was 4 months aththe time wouldnt remember me but he was fine as soon as i came home he stareted to sleep thru the nite again as he had stpopped thta while i was in hospital i hve been home about 10 months ans things are gettimg easire every day i hve some therapies to attend and do at home if anyone has been thur a smiliar expreience email me on virpikaarina@aol. com thanks bye

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

You have a wonderful family! While I haven't been in your situation I know a little bit about strokes as my Mum has had two. I just wanted to say that you are doing an amazing job and I am glad to hear things are getting easier for you.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

thank you its amazing how everyone helps out i hve some fantastic friends who hve been helping out too my mum is the best

an update on my health i hve finished my thrapies now just hve speech therapy once a fortnite i am allowed to drive again i hve been out to the library and visiting a fiend and had some lunch while out with my baby its nice to feel like a real person again

Hi vkw,

I was saddened by your story but uplifted at the same time. What you went through and are still going through sounds tough but it's nice to know you have caring family and friends around you.

I'm glad things are slowly starting to look up for you- you're free! It must be lovely to be able to drive again. I really hope things just keep on getting better for you.

Take care.

Super,

bubsy32

Congrats, I know from my mum that there is nothing like being able to drive again to give you back your independence.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

thanks super thing are realy good now but my mum still come over 2 x week to help out . i have bought the boys new shoes with velcro so i can manage the shoes now

Sign in to follow this topic