Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Poems for Mums Lock Rss

Seen there was a post for jokes, thought you may enjoy some sweet poems:

Woman

By the time the Lord made woman, he was into his sixth day of working overtime. An angel appeared and said, "Why are you spending so much time on this one?" And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her?

She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable and able to run on diet coke and leftovers, have a lap that can hold four children at one time, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart –and she will do everything with only two hands."

The angel was astounded at the requirements. "Only two hands!? No way! And that's just on the standard model? That's too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish."

“But I won't," the Lord protested. "I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she is sick AND can work 18 hour days."

The angel moved closer and touched the woman. "But you have made her so soft, Lord."

"She is soft," the Lord agreed, "but I have also made
her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."

"Will she be able to think?” asked the angel.

The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be
able to reason and negotiate."

The angel then noticed something, and reaching out, touched the
woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak," the Lord corrected, "that's a tear!"

"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.

The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her
sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love, her loneliness, her grief and her pride."

The angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything! Woman is truly amazing."

And she is! Women have strengths that amaze men. They bear
hardships and they carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy. They smile when they want to scream. They sing when they want to cry. They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous. They fight for what they believe in. They stand up to injustice. They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution. They go without so their family can have. They go to the doctor with a frightened friend. They love unconditionally. They cry when their children excel and
cheer when their friends get awards. They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding. Their hearts break when a friend dies.They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left. They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They'll drive, fly, walk run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you. The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning. They bring joy, hope and love. They have compassion and ideals. They give moral support to their family and friends. Women have vital things to say and everything to give.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN, IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.
Please pass this along to all your women friends and relatives to remind them just how amazing they are.

Jodie,7yo,Nearly 6yo,2yo boys & OMG a baby girl

Thanks mum of 3 gorgeous boys - what a great reminder of the jobs that we do. I've just had a rough morning, to top of a rough week, and this settled me nerves. Now if only I could get DH to read, & understrand and appreciate me for allof these things.

Michelle
Hey Jodie, on the flip side of this - he must have had 5 minutes spare, and that is when he made man!! LOL!
I'm just joking - I love my Hubby.......most of the time!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Thankyou for the poem. On a day to day basis when I always feel I never get enough done, taking time to look at what I have done was actually a relief. It brought a tear to my eye too!

With 4 under school age, school holidays, ( no preschool!) chicken pox in the house for the last 6 weeks, (which means confining all as I can't take the sick one out with well ones), and also spraining my ankle, among other unmentioned happenings, I really needed a boost.

Thanks again!

Tam (5yrs,4yrs,21/2yrs, & 5mths)

Tam, NSW, mother of 4

Hi Guys,

I've really enjoyed reading these posts and thought you might like to read to lyrics to a song I have written and recorded. Its called Baby Boy and if you want to hear the recording of it you can download it from either

www.jyoung.org (click on Audio, then on Baby Boy - this site can be a bit unreliable so I will provide an alternative)
or
www.sonicbids.com/joyoung (click on the audio tab and then click on the words Baby Boy)

The MP3 files are not the whole song, but it is most of it. I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Baby Boy

There's a new deal going on around here
A change for the good
And nothing can prepare you for the feeling
And nothing ever could
No, you won't read about it in the paper
Though it happens everyday
Cos when a child comes into your life
It makes it ordinary
In the most extraordinary way

Sweet Downy Head
Soft Little Cheeks
Starfish in my bed
I could gaze at you for weeks
Baby Boy

I can't say that it's been easy
It's the hardest thing I've ever done
The black dog has bitten me more than twice
As I've been transformed into a mum
But in dark times when I have lost all reasoning
One look at your tiny bum can make me sing

You're learning to crawl
Your blue eyes so deep
We're having a ball
You ruin my sleep
Baby Boy

And one day I know you'll move away from me
Til then I will cherish every moment
Every second of your company

You're learning to walk
Little thunderbird feet
You're starting to talk
You're speaking to me
Baby

Most extraordinary little wonder
Little miracle
Gorgeous little bundle
Got me working like a servant
You funny little fellow
I'm in heaven
Oh the smell of you
You're arms around my neck
Your milky breath
I'd give my life for you.

Baby Boy
Pride and Joy

cheers
Jo
A Child's Angel

There was a child redy to be born
So one day he asked god
They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow
but how am i going to live there being so small and helpless?
Among the many angels,
I will choose one for you.
She will be waiting for you and will take care of you.
But tell me, here in heaven,
I don't do anything else but sing and smile, that's enoughfor me to be happy.
Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day.
And you will feel your angel's love and be happy.
And how am i going to be able to understand when people talk to me,
if i don't know the language that men talk?
Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.
And what am i going to do when i want to talk to you?
Your angel will place your hands together and teach you how to pray.
I've heard that on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?
Your angel will defend you even if it means risking it's own life.
But i will always be sad because i will not see you anymore.
Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way for you to come back to me,
even though i will always be next to you.
At that moment there was much peace in heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard, and the child in a hurry asked softly:
Oh god, if i am about to leave now,
please tell me my angels name.
Your angels name is of no importance,
you will call your angel 'mummy'

I love this poem it was given to me when my first baby was born.

mummy to,b.j-4, noah-2, olivia-6mths

Sign in to follow this topic