Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

post natal depression Rss

hi tamara!

i don't have much time at the moment, so i'll have to get back to you in more detail later. ...but, sorry to say, that definitely sounds like PND. sad

talk to you soon, fluttah-bye.

3 boy bundles of joy under 6, qld

Hi tamara, Ihave the same prob my boy insists on sticking his hands in his mouth when given a bottle(his still bf but sometimes express)And he will then scream cause he can not feed.It realy gets me.
I was told i had PND when bub was 6wks.This are slowly getting better.Like one week il have 5 bad days instead of 7.Good luck sweety.Its so nice of you all to share storys it makes you not feel so incompetant.Kim
hi tamara! it's me again.

you shouldn't feel stupid going to your doc about it, unless he/she makes you feel uncomfortable. then i think it's time to find a new doc.

in my opinion, you are showing classic signs of PND. if you scored really badly on the tests, then whoever gave it to you should have done more for you...ie referred you on to a social worker or something of the sort.

did you mean, though that those tests were with your 1st or 2nd? coz if you were bad with your 1st and nothing was done to help you, then i'm afraid that it probably just got 10 times worse when you had your 2nd (i know this from experience). PND makes you extremely moody and you can go from a terrific high to a depressing low in a matter of a split second.

with my 1st, my doc told me not to worry about the state of the house, just walk out the door and leave it behind and go and do something to cheer yourself up....go shopping, see a friend, go for a walk, etc. so try not to worry too much about the cleaning. it is very hard to get motivated for housecleaning when you have PND. when you get stressed, try to take a min (5 or 10 if you are able, but 1 is fine) out to take a few deep breaths or do something just for you - like have a coffee or something. (even if it means going into the toilet and locking the door behind you).

i know the feeling you have with your hubby and daughter. i think part of that comes from not being able to focus on too many people at once. you are probably using all of your patience and affection on your bubs and then you have none left for your daughter or hubby.

i hope i have helped a little in defining things for you. i really think you need some outside help.

fluttah-bye. smile

3 boy bundles of joy under 6, qld

Agree with fluttah once again here, on every point smile

If the house work is one thing that you just cannot let go, check out flylady.

wwwdotflyladydotnet ( i think).

Im too tired to explain proplerly sorry, but its a guid on how to minimise and cope with hosuework smile

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

Sign in to follow this topic